Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - poi help - Binatone f350
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

poi help - Binatone f350

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: poi help - Binatone f350 Reply with quote

i would like to download some of the subscribe poi but i am unsure which one to get.
i have a binatone f350. can i get any of the poi or is this sat nav just rubbish
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it say anything in the manual about adding "user POIs" or "Third-party POIs"?
Or is there anything on the menus for creating a POI?

EDIT:
I've just had a quick browse through the on-line manual and there's no mention of adding your own POI sets, so it looks like you may be out of luck.

On the table for what models work with the speed camera POIs from this site it says:
Quote:

Please check that your device is running iGO software and not one of the others used by Binatone. If you need help to determine this then please ask in our iGO forum

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim.
If you can access the device as a 'mass storage device' from your computer and pull afolder listing of it, I can help you identify whether it's iGO based. If so, it's a doddle to add the PGPSW cams Very Happy
tim363
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Hi Tim.
If you can access the device as a 'mass storage device' from your computer and pull afolder listing of it, I can help you identify whether it's iGO based. If so, it's a doddle to add the PGPSW cams Very Happy

when i plug it in to the computer it opens windows mobile device centre and browse files there are three one called \ and inside is my documents, temp, program files, windows and control panel

the next folder is dataflash inside are 2 folders maps and mobilenavigator and 4 bin files gpspara0 - 3

and the last is called network but is empty
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the maps folder contain folders 'City' and 'Smart' and the mobilenavigator folder contain folders BMPRES, Image, Reg, Route and a few others and files like 1250-M2W.DAT? If so it's TurboDog based software, and the device will rin iGO if you can find it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: