Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Old camera data - with reference to Frant, E Sussex
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Old camera data - with reference to Frant, E Sussex
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Old camera data - with reference to Frant, E Sussex Reply with quote

Friend of mine is looking at a ban after clocking up 4 photos from the same camera which, he tells me, is near the Abergavenny Arms in Frant, East Sussex.

Can anyone tell me if there have been any cameras in Frant, East Sussex and if so where?

There's nothing showing for Frant in the database. He says that it's a double camera and I think he's mistaken a Traffic Master unit for a camera. But it's still odd that he has been flashed in this area. By what?

Can anyone help here?

Rgds

Richard[/b]
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streetview only shows the 2 Speed Indicator Displays, one each end of the village. One is outside the Abergavenny Arms, but it doesn't have the capability of taking photos for speeding offences.

I couldn't see any other Units, Traffic Master or otherwise. Are they new?

It's quite possible it was a Mobile Unit of some description and, no, we don't have any cameras showing in Frant. What made him think it was a double camera?

Having said that, if he can see a camera, getting caught once is unlucky. Getting caught again, in the same place, is careless. Four times ........... Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Streetview only shows the 2 Speed Indicator Displays, one each end of the village. One is outside the Abergavenny Arms, but it doesn't have the capability of taking photos for speeding offences.

I couldn't see any other Units, Traffic Master or otherwise. Are they new?

It's quite possible it was a Mobile Unit of some description and, no, we don't have any cameras showing in Frant. What made him think it was a double camera?

Having said that, if he can see a camera, getting caught once is unlucky. Getting caught again, in the same place, is careless. Four times ........... Rolling Eyes

There were very understandable reasons - all related to marriage breakdown and new job after 8 months unemployment. But none justify the speeding.

He has a copy of the photo for one event. I think I need to see it to work out exactly where he was. I don't know why he thought it a double camera. When I last saw him he had just had the first hearing which decided that he has to go to court. He drives for his job and can kiss it goodbye if he receives a ban. So he wasn't really in the mood for discussing whether the camera actually exists.

If it was a mobile camera it would be on the database, no? I can't imagine that there are any cameras in the SE that are not on the database. Frant has had camera signs up for yonks and there must at some time have been, at the very least, a mobile camera in the village.

The Google Streetview data was captured in August 2009.

I think I might take a wander down there. You never know, I might find an unreported E Sussex camera!

Richard
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reversible cam, Truvelo5404 and a MOBILE:85910 site a mile or so north of Frant on the same road. Could it have been this one that caught him?

4 times by the same cam????? Shocked
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSavage wrote:

I think I might take a wander down there. You never know, I might find an unreported E Sussex camera!

Richard

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
There is a reversible cam, Truvelo5404 and a MOBILE:85910 site a mile or so north of Frant on the same road. Could it have been this one that caught him?

4 times by the same cam????? Shocked

It's the bit about being next to the Abergavenny Arms that is confusing.

Yes, but see my answer above about his situation at the time.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the cam on the database is a mile or so north of the pub, it's a Truvelo which means that although it takes a picture of approaching speeders, they cannot see the flash as it's infra red. Could this be the reason he was caught more than once. Possibly, as he saw no flash, he thought it was not taking his picture, and he found out the hard way.
As it happens, I am going that way later this morning, so I will make a slight detour and check it out.
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Although the cam on the database is a mile or so north of the pub, it's a Truvelo which means that although it takes a picture of approaching speeders, they cannot see the flash as it's infra red. Could this be the reason he was caught more than once. Possibly, as he saw no flash, he thought it was not taking his picture, and he found out the hard way.
As it happens, I am going that way later this morning, so I will make a slight detour and check it out.

Thanks for the detour.

Yes, I know about the one you speak - it's on the hill descending into Tunbridge Wells.

The problem with all of this is the fact that he is adament that it was near or next to the Abergavenny Arms in Frant.

He says that he saw one pair of flashes on one occasion - and that's the photo that he has a copy of.

You can appreciate that it's not the best of times for me to interogate him over where he was. He has pleaded guilty to the offences - it would be stupid not to do so - and is waiting for his sentencing hearing where he is able to submit his evidence as to the 'hardship' effects of a ban.[/b]
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Although the cam on the database is a mile or so north of the pub, it's a Truvelo which means that although it takes a picture of approaching speeders, they cannot see the flash as it's infra red.

It's time for another reminder ... Truvelos can take pictures of cars from either direction. They are not restricted to front-facing photos. All Truvelos (on ordinary two-way roads) should be recorded as reversible.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
It's time for another reminder ... Truvelos can take pictures of cars from either direction. They are not restricted to front-facing photos.

I agree.

Daggers wrote:
All Truvelos (on ordinary two-way roads) should be recorded as reversible.

I disagree. They need the piezo strips to trigger the camera - if these are only present on one side then how can they prosecute drivers on the otherside when there are no speed sensors?

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
They are not restricted to front-facing photos. All Truvelos (on ordinary two-way roads) should be recorded as reversible.
MaFt would differ on your last sentence. We need a policy. Although I don't doubt you that they are capable, I suspect that they are not used that way so they can get a snap of the driver.

The OP also said that the driver saw a pair of flashes. That implies a GATSO.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
......The OP also said that the driver saw a pair of flashes. That implies a GATSO.

... and the OP said that his friend "has a copy of the photo for one event..." Isn't he within his rights to request photos of the other three infringements? or would that make matters worse?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we are only trying to decide whether or not there is a cam in Frant, it is not realy relevant. I will have the answer to that one in a couple of hours or so.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ RSavage, I would STRONGLY advise your friend to get over to the
http://www.pepipoo.com/Speeding.htm website ASAP.

If anyone can advise on what to do next, they can.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Daggers wrote:
They are not restricted to front-facing photos. All Truvelos (on ordinary two-way roads) should be recorded as reversible.
MaFt would differ on your last sentence.

He already has done Wink Fair enough.
M8TJT wrote:
Although I don't doubt you that they are capable, I suspect that they are not used that way so they can get a snap of the driver.

Oh yes they are! If only I had kept the photo to prove it! Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: