Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there an easy way to do this ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an easy way to do this ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Is there an easy way to do this ? Reply with quote

There might be an easy answer to this , but..... I was on a long, hard , cold walk yesterday, and not following any particular walk but doing my own thing. Looking at my A10, I could see all my previous 'saved' routes greyed out as I would expect. However, it was getting dark and it would have helped if I could have easily 'logged on' to one of the grey routes to take a short cut back home....but how is the easiest way to bring up a 'grey' route, (if you can't remember the name of the relevant route off hand,)? Moving the pointer over the route I wanted seem to bring up the odd WP, but not the route name that I had given it , which I was hoping for. I could have turned all the Grey routes back on , but then I would have had a screen showing loads of live routes, if you see what I mean.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frequentflyer - yes it was pretty miserable yesterday...

I don't know if it will help but there is an option to just show the start points of all routes on the A10. Then you can look for the routes that are near and activate the one you like.

This option is accessed from Settings: Set Trip Data: then the top window has the options; Hide Inactive Routes (the one I assume you have currently); Show Inactive Routes (uses up the power) and; Show Inactive Routes SP (where SP stands for Starting Point).

If you select Show Inactive Routes SP you will see lots of grey flags for the starting points of your routes, move the cursor over one and press, then you can select the route and see it, reveal or, hide it or, Start it.

There should be another way but it is broken and despite me asking SatMap on numerous occasions they have not managed to get around to fixing it yet. In theory if you have a POI at your current location (you can create a temporary one) you can then ask for any "nearby" POIs and this includes routes even if they are hidden. Sadly this only works in some directions (I can't remember which at the moment). So it gives you nearby ones in one direction but any routes in others, which in my case gives me lists of hundred of routes and is of no use. However when this is fixed it should also meet your needs.

Has that helped?
Satsync 1.525
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frequent Flyer,

If you hover over a 'greyed' out routes waypoint it will bring up the name of the waypoint usually just something line 'WP1'.

If you hover over the line between the 'greyed' out waypoints then it will bring up the route name.

However, the quickest way to activate the 'greyed' out route as follows:-

1) hover over either the 'greyed' out line or waypoin
2) push the centre of the joy stick to reveal the "Choose Information Box"
3) scroll and the 'greyed' out route that you clicked on will be located at the top
4) nudge the joystick up twice (or down once) and then
5) when the orange arrow is pointing to the route name click the joysick to the right so the square box is highlighting the uncrossed tick then
6) press the map button (bottom left) and the route will become the active route.
My Blog Geocache Trails
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Excellent...thankyou both !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: