Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 40 - navigating.de instalation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 40 - navigating.de instalation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scenar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Navigon 40 - navigating.de instalation Reply with quote

have installed the navigating.de program in order to have the pocketgpsworld speed cams on my navigon 40.
all seemed to go well on the insallation but---I cannot find the poi manager.
On start - programs-poi-warner mn7 edition- it shows empty.
other speed cam providers, with the program ,seem to duplicate the pocketworld , so i have not connected to them ,and there seems to be a compulsery charge.. I have concluded that, somewhere along the line, I have gone astray. I have written to navigating.de for help, and await their reply, but as I am not very technical minded, i hoping some patient contributor could take me through step by step what to do.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the Navigon area, so it's more likely to be seen by Navigon owners.
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Navigon 40 - navigating.de instalation Reply with quote

scenar wrote:
have installed the navigating.de program in order to have the pocketgpsworld speed cams on my navigon 40.

It's possible you selected the wrong version of POI-Warner as 3 are offered to me - It's "POI-Warner for MobileNavigator|7" you need to download.
Also note that Navigon use an OEM version of POI-W so you need to be looking in the right place for the *retail* version - you should have a POIW directory at the same level as the main Navigon one on the flash drive (usually called just NAVIGON in Windows Explorer).
By the way I believe the 40 range (*not* the 42) has a user POI option so you may not need POI-W unless you want over 10,000 POIs?
I suggest you delete any downloaded files/directories - but be carefull you don't get rid of the OEM stuff by mistake - and try again. I would suggest you use the POI-W remove option but if you have the wrong version then this may not work.

Once you have POI-W installed you have to manually copy in the PGPS downloaded files to the POIW "pois" directory - I use the Navman .asc format. Re-post if you would like help at this stage.

Go carefully and good luck! Smile
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C1man - Hi Tim. Don't know if you know something I don't but I'd urge caution here.

I see you have POI-Warner on your 4350max (which runs under MN7.5 or lower) - but have you got it installed (successfully that is Cool ) on one of the next range devices such as scenar's 40, which runs under MN 7.6 (I don't mean the latest range 42, etc which use MN8)?

Because I had no luck with it with the MN7 versions available on the UK site (POI-W Version 3), and discussions with navigating.de indicated that POI-W Version 4 is what's needed - but that's only available in german, off the german site, and no english language version will be made available, AFAICS, in the foreseeable future, if at all.

The two options they offered were to try and help me modify my POI-W version (which wasn't working out too well!), or to use POIbase, which already has the base software needed for POI support on the 70 (and I would have said the 40 as well).

I haven't done any driving to speak of for quite some time, so haven't pursued this any further recently. But POIbase looks like the best option to try now, if only because it's actually free, and does seem to work ok according to the POIbase website (not sure whether it supports map display or just audio warnings).

But maybe you have had better luck than me ... !
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
I see you have POI-Warner on your 4350max (which runs under MN7.5 or lower) - but have you got it installed (successfully that is Cool ) on one of the next range devices such as scenar's 40, which runs under MN 7.6 (I don't mean the latest range 42, etc which use MN8)?

I think I'm losing it! Embarassed You're quite right - I said as much in another post but forgot it this time!

So there is no alternative on the Navigon 40 to using the User POIs and/or Navigon's own speed cameras or trying POIbase instead of POI-Warner.

Not sure where this leaves scenar ?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: