Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live and PGPSW Speed Camera DB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live and PGPSW Speed Camera DB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveOsl
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live and PGPSW Speed Camera DB Reply with quote

I know this topic has been previously discussed, but does anyone have any up to date information about how to import PGPSW consolidated camera database into CoPilot Live (version 9.1.0.124) running on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Gingerbread OS).

When I import the CSV and BMP files, all I get is a standard yellow camera icon, no warnings or other information is shown. Any ideas?

Regards
Steve
free_umi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same position. Just "upgraded" from CoPilot v8, with all the camera goodness, to v9 Live AND not long paid my annual subscription here.

Would love to know how to get these working. Anyone have a work around?

Umi
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case I use the "single file with all cameras", using the same download on two android devices (one running copilot V8 and one V9).

Download as copilot 8 format and for V9 copy to /com.alk.copilot.../save folder on SD card
Start copilot and after splash screen it imports the data without a problem
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfis wrote:
In my case I use the "single file with all cameras", using the same download on two android devices (one running copilot V8 and one V9).

Download as copilot 8 format and for V9 copy to /com.alk.copilot.../save folder on SD card
Start copilot and after splash screen it imports the data without a problem

Hi morfis, can you confirm the folder path for v9 and I can update the install guides.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered using our CamerAlert app alongside CoPilot instead?
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Hi morfis, can you confirm the folder path for v9 and I can update the install guides.

MaFt

/sdcard/com.alk.copilot.eumarket.premiumeumaj/save
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Darren - If addressed to me rather than OP.....No nor will I be doing (at which point we have wandered totally off-topic!)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfis wrote:
Darren - If addressed to me rather than OP.....No nor will I be doing (at which point we have wandered totally off-topic!)

It's hardly off topic, it's a discussion on speed cameras, our Android app is a much better solution to this, and the app is free.
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
morfis wrote:

It's hardly off topic, it's a discussion on speed cameras, our Android app is a much better solution to this, and the app is free.

Darren,
This thread was about importing the data to copilot, in the copilot section of the bulletin board so therefore now off-topic...However, you're the boss....

Your program is now free but I've no idea if it is a 'better' solution as I can't download it. Both of my droid phones run customised ROMs as I don't need 70% of the junk that standard ROMs come with. I am unable to download your program as the android market insists that my"device isn't compatible with this item" (they almost certainly are - this has happened before but I've managed to source the affected apk elsewhere and not had any problems once installed).
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfis wrote:
Your program is now free but I've no idea if it is a 'better' solution as I can't download it. Both of my droid phones run customised ROMs as I don't need 70% of the junk that standard ROMs come with. I am unable to download your program as the android market insists that my"device isn't compatible with this item" (they almost certainly are - this has happened before but I've managed to source the affected apk elsewhere and not had any problems once installed).

Does this thread help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18065878

We had someone recently with a custom ROM and a changed 'LCD Density'. In order to get the app he had to change the LCD Density back to normal then it allowed him to download. The odd thing is we don't specify anything like that in the files sent to Google Market...

There's a couple of other things to try in that thread too that may help.

MaFt
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt, I'll have a look at that thread as I'd not seen it before. One program I use gave me the not compatible message when it was updated...but the next update worked woithout a problem...Google Market seems to have a 'mind' of it's own!

MaFt wrote:
morfis wrote:

Does this thread help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18065878

We had someone recently with a custom ROM and a changed 'LCD Density'. In order to get the app he had to change the LCD Density back to normal then it allowed him to download. The odd thing is we don't specify anything like that in the files sent to Google Market...

MaFt
SteveOsl
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Multiple Apps Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Darren I have the Camera App installed on my Samsung S2, how do you run it "alongside" CoPilot, I'm not sure how to run two apps simulataneously.

Regards,

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launch CamerAlert then return to the desktop and launch your Nav app or vice versa.

CamerAlert will run in the background and pop up alerts over the top of the foreground app.

See http://www.cameralert.com/android-manual/
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

MaFt

In case it affects anyone else. Changing the display made no difference but rebooting AFTER clearing the market cache AND data did.

CamerAlert now installed and appears to be working (only driven past a single temporary specs camera since installing it!). Any further comments will be directed to the appropriate bulletin board section.

Thanks again to MaFt for highlighting the xda-developers thread.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Launch CamerAlert then return to the desktop and launch your Nav app or vice versa.

CamerAlert will run in the background and pop up alerts over the top of the foreground app.

See http://www.cameralert.com/android-manual/

And, furthe to this, if you go to the settings, scroll to the bottom and then go to advanced settings you will see an option for 'Also run' where you could select CoPilot. The, whnever you launch CamerAlert it will auto-load CoPilot with CamerAlert ready to go in the background.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: