Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rooted playbook and Telmap ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rooted playbook and Telmap ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostAlone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Rooted playbook and Telmap ? Reply with quote

Hey guys

Although the current playbook rooting loophole is closed for now, the rumor is that rooting is going to get easier and be rather longer lived and so I figured I'd ask if anyone has managed to get the android telmap app loaded onto their PB and if it worked well (or at all!)

Since PB prices are crazy low atm, I figure that a bunch of people who couldn't quite justify a PB before are going to take the plunge and get PBed up, and telmap is maybe not essential to my tablet buying, but I'd really love it on the big screen even if it means going the long way round.
latarnik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, having Telmap for Playbook would be excellent!!

It could use Playbook's GPS, and data from connected phone. I would really love to see it, even if it would only be the updated Android version. Of course native app would be even better and since there is no app like this on the market yet, first developer to offer it would be able to get all the glory and charge for it respectively.

Just to let you know - Telmap for my BB phone is one of the best applications I have seen - and it saved me numbers of times Smile
BarracudaBob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see a native Playbook app that doesn't require rooting. That would be awesome!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: