Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 2535TM World Traveler shows zero free space?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 2535TM World Traveler shows zero free space?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiningSquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: TomTom GO 2535TM World Traveler shows zero free space? Reply with quote

Need some help, support from Tomtom clueless.
I just recently got a Tomtom Go 2535TM WT. Installed thier software, and it prompted me that there was a new map to download. Did the update, it downloaded and installed USA_Canada_and_Mexico v880.3856, release date: 10/2011, 2.7 GB in size. Now my GPS is showing zero free space available so no voices, POIs or any other content can be installed, and all the European maps have disappeared. Contacted support, and thier only suggestion was to reset, clear cache, and download newest update, which was of no help. Should I just byte the bullet and send it back? Is there anyway to actually see what is on the device?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the new models are "locked down" so apart from "Mange content" in the green "MyTomTom" box at the top right of the main MyTomTom screen, there is very little you can do to see what's on the device.

However, I have seen this behaviour before.

The only thing you can do is get back onto customer services and persist with them until you find someone who knows what they are talking about.
They will probably need to remotely invoke a job to delete your existing map and re-assign it to your account again for a fresh download.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking at which shows no space available? It should be using the Manage Content menu option in the website's MyTomTom's green box on the right where you log in.

That model comes with 4 gb of storage.
ShiningSquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
What are you looking at which shows no space available? It should be using the Manage Content menu option in the website's MyTomTom's green box on the right where you log in.

That model comes with 4 gb of storage.

The mytomtom software was what was reporting 0 space when I tried to download the update. Then I tried the community installation app page, and that also showed 0 available, then checked the mytomtom green menu, which also showed the same. After doing several factory resets, map downloads, cache clears, and deleating everything it allowed me to delete, including my purchased voices, etc at the advice of support, the green menu now shows the correct amount of free space, but even seeing that now is of no help, as it appears to simply be cosmetic. The "updated" map installed, but I still do not have my European maps back, and I cannot install any voices or any other user content, not even a 54kb start up screen as the upload page reports 0 space free.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was showing 10MB of free space on the browser page "Manage content" section, but whenever I went to "Add community content" it said 0MB free.

You need CS to sort it out.
ShiningSquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Mine was showing 10MB of free space on the browser page "Manage content" section, but whenever I went to "Add community content" it said 0MB free.

You need CS to sort it out.

Finally got an answer from CS. They said nothing they can do, it's defective, please return to the place of purchase for a replacement/refund.

Won't bother with a replacement as it's really not that good, FAR to buggy with so many features not working or not even implimented yet. I am thinking I will just get a refund and go with a different model.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: