Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 72 Plus - POI - CSV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

72 Plus - POI - CSV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reply from Navigon -
Not that good Sad

NAVIGON commented on their Wall post.
NAVIGON wrote: "Hello Keith,
sorry for the belated response.
Unfortunately our MN8 devices (e.g. 72Plus) do not support the .CSV import feature.
So there's currently no way to utilise .CSV files (self created or otherwise)."

Oh well can only hope things might change in the future Exclamation

Garmin 3598LTM-D
Android CoPilot
Navigon 72 Plus Live
TTGO540
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithmillar wrote:
The reply from Navigon -
Not that good Sad

NAVIGON commented on their Wall post.
NAVIGON wrote: "Hello Keith,
sorry for the belated response.
Unfortunately our MN8 devices (e.g. 72Plus) do not support the .CSV import feature.
So there's currently no way to utilise .CSV files (self created or otherwise)."

Oh well can only hope things might change in the future Exclamation

Does this mean i wouldn't be able to transfer my own POI files from my TomTom 540 to a Navigon 72/92?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRCC - afraid you are right. Until when (if) Navigon re-instate the user POI capability, user POI files cannot be transferred or installed from anywhere (except for a tedious route into the 'Favourites/Contacts' area, which is totally unworkable for any reasonable number of POIs, and doesn't provide the functions users need anyway). So no PGPSW cameras either Twisted Evil .

The only models which have it are the previous range, mainly the 40 & 70 models (remember TomTom's latest range anyone Shocked ?). I know of several European users on another forum who are complaining loudly to Navigon (and each other!) because they now have to run both old and new models, because of this loss of functionality. Pretty stupid situation really, when you consider Navigon has been taken over by Garmin, who allow user-POIs on all their models AFAIK.

By the way, Navigon are also offering software upgrades to bring these earlier models in line with the latest functionality. Anyone who currently has one of these earlier models and has user-POI files they need, will have to resist the temptation to spend ~£50 for the upgrade, for the time being at least. Otherwise they will lose this functionality too (amongst others).

I sincerely hope Navigon will respond to all these complaints (I keep giving them my two-penny worth as well) in time - it took an awful lot of effort to get them to introduce them in the last range.
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. That's a shame, i was all set to buy a 92 Live, but now I need a rethink.

Seems incredibly short-sighted of them to put such a restriction on the device as otherwise it seems to have all the bells and whistles. Surely any sensible SatNav company would want to make it as painless as possible for someone to jump-ship from the competition?

My reaction now is to sit-tight and see what develops, even if it means having to renew my TT Live subscription in April.

Glad this tread exists otherwise i would have walked right into mess. Thanks again!
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked on the Navigon website at the "Questions and Answers" section. It says that it is possible to import custom POI as CSV files via Navigon Fresh. However this contradicts what has been written earlier in the thread, so i suspected that this Answer is out-of-date (i.e. was true before the latest s/ware & devices were released)

Anyway i decided to send an email to Navigon customer support via their website. Message was sent late last night but i got a reply first thing this morning:

"Regarding your query, we want to inform you that, at this moment, it is not possible to upload POIs on your device. However, it will be available in the future, with a software update release."

So that sounds more positive. I'll definitely wait now before buying a new device.
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats interesting news Smile
Just hope we don't have to wait too long Exclamation

Garmin 3598LTM-D
Android CoPilot
Navigon 72 Plus Live
TTGO540
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithmillar wrote:
Now thats interesting news Smile
Just hope we don't have to wait too long Exclamation

I emailed them again and asked for an estimated release date.

The very quick response (40mins) was:

"Regarding your query we cannot say for certain when the update will be available and we forward the information about the webpage."

Not really surprised that they won't be drawn on the release date.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from Navigon's Facebook reply to keithmillar that they have contradicted themselves once again and say user-POI support will NOT become available at all! I haven't found anything either way from my sources so far.

In the meantime I asked the POIbase people if that could be used with the newest MN8 models such as 42/72/92. They replied
Quote:
POIbase is with MobileNavigator 8 compatible.
However, the devices require additional software POIbase Mobile.
The POIbase Mobile software is just under €20. I haven't looked any further into this at present.

EDIT on 14 Feb - heard today from an extremely reliable source (but as Piers Morgan likes to say, a confidential one Wink ) that the "MyPois" user-POI support is "dead and buried" once and for all in the new NavigonFlow software range Crying or Very sad .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: