Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Review of Sygic?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Review of Sygic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eugene7
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Review of Sygic? Reply with quote

Isn't it about time Pocket GPS World reviewed Sygic?

The latest 11.2.1 version is great, and their forum based support, while not perfect, is way better than the no existent support from TomTom (as an example)

I have to say that I have tried all the avaialble SatNav programs for smart phones, and was a long-time TomTom used on Windows Mobile, but I am finding Sygec to now be amongst the best...

But for some reason it isn't as common as the other, often inferior, systems out there.

Just wondering why?
promar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Review of Sygic? Reply with quote

I would agree. Have just been trying this out on my HTC Desire and have been very impressed. The response in changes to routing is very quick and the graphics are bright and easy to read. Have not yet ascertained whether the speed camera data base can be added. I have not tried running the Pocket GPS Camera app with Sygic yet.

TomTom 5200
Samsung Galaxy S8: Google Nav. Mapdroyd OSmap. Rmaps Andoid CoPilot
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Review of Sygic? Reply with quote

promar wrote:
I would agree. Have just been trying this out on my HTC Desire and have been very impressed. The response in changes to routing is very quick and the graphics are bright and easy to read. Have not yet ascertained whether the speed camera data base can be added. I have not tried running the Pocket GPS Camera app with Sygic yet.

The newest version (11.2.1) can import the camera database. You will need to download as csv then use Sygic's converter to convert to .rupi format. They say that you can use the old upi version, but don't believe them because you can't (been there done that ....)

You then put the cameras and icons into an "import" file on the phone and when you switch on it finds them and imports them. You can then set up warnings using .ogg sound files.

It also runs well with CamerAlert running in the background on my Sensation
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: