Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras for Sygic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras for Sygic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucep10_0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras for Sygic Reply with quote

hi, Can some please help, I have Sygic on a double din media system in my car, I am trying to load speed camera onto it, but I am at a loss, I do not have any camera folder on my SD Card, and do not know how or where to load them too, can anyone help Embarassed
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome I havn't got Sygic, but if you use the search facility for 'sygic speed cameras' (without the quotes), and click the Search for all terms check box, there is loads of stuff. One of which will probably answer your question.Or there might be an installetion guide here if you are a member

Please let us know how you get on
brucep10_0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras for Sygic Reply with quote

Thanks, I have tried the guides, but keep getting to the point were it says nothing to import, my converter does not look like the diagram either, really lost
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question is what version of Sygic is this running. Not sure how you can find that out but the usual way is menu, settings, about. The old Sygic Mobile Maps way is very different to the new Sygic Aura/GPS way. They also use different files and you will need a different convertor. Mobile Maps uses .upi files whereas Aura/GPS uses .rupi files.

So find that out first and come back to us.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double DIN head unit would more than likely be running WinCE so the version of Sygic will be what we consider the older software originally intended to work on a PDA.

This Guide and the UPI Converter software which is required (link to the UPI Converter is within the text) should get you sorted out - Mike
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add further complications, I think you will find that mobile maps 10 (MM10) uses a different conversion program to earlier versions, I did have this software originally but lost it and despite searching have been unable to find a copy.presuming of course that MM10 runs under windows.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the same conversion software for MM9 & MM10. I still have a copy of it and a batch file (I think from PGPSW member Scarymonkey) to run it to convert lots of POIs at the same time. They both used .upi files AFAIK.

Unfortunately the link referred to in the page referred to in Mike's post leads to the new converter software for .rupi files, not the ones needed for .upi files, and which is shown on the page. Hence, I suspect, the OP's 2nd post pointing out that that the converter he gets is different to the one shown.
Copilot for USA
clundunford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Sygic POI Converter Reply with quote

The current (Oct 2012) POI converter will only produce .rupi files. MM10 v8.24 will recognise the files if they are renamed to .upi but it does nothing with them. I have raised a query with Sygic but feel sure that someone will have the old style POI converter AND the scarymonkey batch files. Should that someone exist a message to me would be appreciated as would the files. If I do get hold of the POI converter and successfully load the PGPSW files I will of course advise what steps I took.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always use Sygic's own txt to rupi converter. It works just fine with PGPSW database. Follow the link from the download page.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@M8TJT. As I understand it he is using Sygic's POI converter and is getting rupi files. But he needs the old upi files for MM10.

@clundunsford. I think I have the old conversion to upi programme, but I deleted scareymonkey's batch file a while ago. PM me if you want it. Any reason why you have not updated to Sygic GPS? It was offered by them as a free update. I have gone all the way from MM9 to their latest version with free upgrades all the way.
Copilot for USA
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both Ov2Upi Translator and POIConvertor but have nowhere to host them

OV2Upi will batch convert tomtom ov2 files to the old Sygic format and then POI translator can be used to convert them to a format acceptable to the newer Sygic

If I can find a host somewhere I can share them with you.

Rick
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you email me them to MaFt AT pocketgpsworld.com I'll upload and post a link here

MaFt
clundunford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Thanks for help Reply with quote

Hi respondents so far
Many thanks for the offers of help - may be soon I shall be hearing and seeing pocket GPS speed camera alerts.

Just a comment on the cynicism of the people that site cameras. In Northumberland on the A1 going south near Felton in Northumberland there is a camera which is almost certainly a nice earner. Alas two miles beyond there was a camera by the south turn to Felton which was indeed a safety camera that has been removed. It slowed traffic on a single carriageway section of the A1 by a junction where I know of at least 3 fatalitiesand I hope that Northumbria police never regret the decision.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it i my Dropbox here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4754981/sygic%20cams%20batch%20stuff.zip

Zip file with batch files to rename and convert the files using the upi convertor (also included).

You might need to look through the batch file though as i'm not sure if we've added extra file names since that was written.

MaFt
clundunford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Great News for me and a Big Thank You Reply with quote

I downloaded the Ov2UPi convertor and POI Convertor. I tried to just use textfiles without success but when I converted the Ov2 file that are for McGuider and then updated the upi to McGuider 2009 format and Bingo I now have access to the speed camera data with onscreen alerts and verbal alerts. Now that is progress and I most grateful to all who have offered help and helped. I will write a step by step as soon as I have checked if I can streamline the conversion process. In another thread scarymonkey talked about a Word Macro to convert the tab delimited files to the Format demanded by Sygic and that would be good to have if scarymonkey stll has it.

Finally I contrast the support from the forum with the support from Sygic who authoritatively but wrongly said that POI's could not be imported into MM10.

Lastly - Thank you.

Graham (clundunford)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: