Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT wired GPS & car kit quality
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT wired GPS & car kit quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: TT wired GPS & car kit quality Reply with quote

I am still having trouble getting my system to work (see my posts in the http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10592
thread for details). I am wondering if there is a generic issue or widespread quality problem with TT hardware? I cannot be sure what my problem is as yet, since I haven't had a replacement car kit (cradle) yet delivered. I have seen at least a couple of posts from people who appear to have hardware problems. Who has had problems with the TT wired GPS, or cradle from the car kit (specifically for HP2210)?
rbrumpton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am haivng the same problems as you. The cradle is powered from the cig socket and has a green light on it. The GPS mouse (wired to the cradle) is not doing anything at all. No lights or any sign of life (It was working on Saturday/Sunday but kept giving me "COM1 not found" errors)

I am using a Dell Axim X30 and have done a hard reset and reinstalled the 3.03 version of Navigator and GPS. I've also changed my SD Card that has th emaps on it and tried both a 256mb Sandisk and Panasoinic.

I'm pretty sure that the GPS mouse is broke. I'm currently sitting in my car with the GPS mouse on the roof. It's been like that for an hour and nothing....

How did you get on with yours?
Richard
JamesM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still waiting for my cradle to come back, having returned it, so I cannot connect the GPS to the PDA at the moment. I hope it isn't the GPS that's duff having rejected the cradle!
js
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I empathise with you.

There is most definitely a problem! I bought TomTom for the Axim X5 last Christmas, it broke on Boxing day. I've returned umpteen (I'd need to check my file that I've had to resort to keeping to find out the precise number) to both the company I bought it from, plus others direct to TomTom (saves paying postage which had been mounting up).

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to see if it was the GPS receiver or the cradle until my exasperated supplier gave me a Y-cable (sorry, don't know the proper name for this) for free. This powers both the Axim and the GPS receiver. This proved it was the cradle at fault. Cradles have lasted us a maximum of a few days and then they just stop. Nothing wrong with the fuse in the charger though.

I've got one sitting on my table ready to go back - maybe for a final time and a refund...

As a workaround - use a Y-cable and a PDA holder which you can buy from Halfords (plus an elastic band to keep the cable on - not pretty but at least you'll have a functioning system!).

Sad
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Seidio option Reply with quote

Earlier this year I gave up waiting for TT to produce a car mount for the X3i and bought a Seidio G2500 instead. It had loads of fixing options and I appreciate the extra volume of the included speaker.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: