Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best memory card?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best memory card?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this is simply not true and may mislead others reading this thread.

The information in the packaging that came with my SD card quite clearly states that Kingston memory products carry a world wide warranty and can be returned to Kingston service centres worldwide.

I was puzzled by your post (above) since it conflicted with the information that I have and so I just called the Kingston UK Customer Services (01932 738 888); the guy there confirmed that memory purchased from the US can be returned to the UK office for warranty claim, although you do need some evidence of purchase date (e.g. PayPal receipt).

Anyone reading this thread can be assured that you can buy from the US at a considerable discount and the memory is still warranted. Thumbs Up
400ixl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and politely put. I think not.

I was merely relaying information I received from the same offices. So I guess it's lucky dip!
stevie1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just instaleld a Lexar 32X 256mb SD card after reading this thread and my previously painful TomTom 3 now wroks brilliantly! No lock ups or freezes so far.

I recommend anyone with lock up problems to ensure you have a Japanese made SD card!
Lost1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David W

On 9 June I sent an E-mail to sales@valueflash.co.uk as you recommend in other posts.

As yet I am still waiting for them to get back to me. Either your advice is so widely taken up that they have been flooded with requests for information or they simply don't need the business. Either way there are a lot of competitors out there and I think I will continue to shop around.
BanziBarn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of Spotlight GPS SD cards? I have one of these on order with my new set-up from globalpossitioningsystems but will cancel it and get one from somewhere else if anyone knows that they are not good?

Some cards I've seen talk about 10MB per second read times - is this fast or slow for a card as I have nothing to compare it on? I think Kingston claim this speed for their standard SD card for example.

ta Smile
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost1 wrote:
On 9 June I sent an E-mail to sales@valueflash.co.uk as you recommend in other posts.

As yet I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

If you get no reply after three days I'd send the email again. They're a small operation and sometimes they fail to deal with all their email properly. One of my emails to them got lost too...

The savings over other suppliers make it worth persevering with them. When you do get a reply, I found their shipping and service first-rate.

The good news, though, looking at their web site is that, as they had hinted to me a few weeks back (but asked me not to mention publicly at the time), they're about to get stock of Panasonic branded cards - which will always be Panasonic! They're a little more expensive than the other cards they have, but they should be good.

David

(no connection with ValueFlash / ValueMedia other than as a satisfied customer)
novaya_zemla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 mbs is advertised as the fastest in the world (by our American friends) prior to this card the fastest was around 3.5 mbs. I have just ordered a 10mbs SD card from the US via ebay and will report back when (if) I get it working
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have recently bought a PNY 128mb SD card, now i have noticed a slight almost like sticking of the tomtom software it's seems to be thinking about the input for example, if i start typing in a place name i finish of the word and then have to wait for the Ipaq to catch up has anyone else experianced this and should i change the make of card? the numbers on the back of the card for those who identify the maker are: SD-M128B1 0323 TA3593H Made in Japan
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kingston 512MB SD card, which seems very good. How do you identify the original maker? It says AX0404RH China on the back.
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted my problem out by defraging the storage card its now running alot quicker and no sticking problems, found a link that darren had posted under "PDA at a crawl" in the beginners forum if anyones interested.
blueyzfr1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: 1GB 45x Card £65 ebay... Reply with quote

Hi,

Just ordered one of these, awesome!
R.
blueyzfr1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1GB 45x Card £65 ebay... Reply with quote

blueyzfr1 wrote:
Hi,

Just ordered one of these, awesome!
R.

Post subject: 1GB 45x Card £65

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: