Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ios5 and tomtom 1.8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ios5 and tomtom 1.8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Ios5 and tomtom 1.8 Reply with quote

I've installed ios5 and it has successfully reinstalled all my apps, bar one, Tomtom.

Each attempt to reinstall results with installation error.

Anyone else seeing this?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, running fine here.

have you tried deleting it completely from computer and phone and redownloading?

MaFt
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt will try again tonight
alexberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed OK on iOS 5. Only problem is in relation to TomTom Shop where I can't get it to recognise my user name and password...

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: A search of TomTom's support website confirms that :

TomTom Shop not available in iOS 5

In TomTom App for iPhone, version 1.8 and lower, you cannot use the TomTom Shop on a device using iOS 5. TomTom Shop will work in the next version of TomTom App for iPhone, which will be available soon.
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uninstall of tomtom from itunes fixed the problem - might be able to find my way home now Embarassed Embarassed
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all a lot braver than me, had so many issues getting TomTom car kit working properly I'm loathed to upgrade to IOS5 and then find the car kit does not work again! I can't have another RMA on it. Might just give it a while yet till others do it ....... I know I am a chicken Embarassed

On another note apparently TomTom support are saying TomTom 1.9 has been sent to Apple to check and should be in the app store within a day or so !! This was posted in the TomTom site forum.

Edit: In the end I updated, took the plunge. However my TomTom works fine including my traffic subscription? Well I put a route in and traffic updated green? Will try it in the car kit tomorrow.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
You are all a lot braver than me, had so many issues getting TomTom car kit working properly I'm loathed to upgrade to IOS5 and then find the car kit does not work again! I can't have another RMA on it. Might just give it a while yet till others do it ....... I know I am a chicken Embarassed

On another note apparently TomTom support are saying TomTom 1.9 has been sent to Apple to check and should be in the app store within a day or so !! This was posted in the TomTom site forum.

Edit: In the end I updated, took the plunge. However my TomTom works fine including my traffic subscription? Well I put a route in and traffic updated green? Will try it in the car kit tomorrow.

Had this problem on my iPhone 4 after updating to iOS 5 last night, traffic no longer works, I also get a looping error message about incorrect user ID and password.

Any idea whether when they update the app to 1.9 it will wipe any added poi's and alerts?
Anyone have any experience of this from 1.7 to 1.8 ?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexberry wrote:
EDIT: A search of TomTom's support website confirms that :

TomTom Shop not available in iOS 5

In TomTom App for iPhone, version 1.8 and lower, you cannot use the TomTom Shop on a device using iOS 5. TomTom Shop will work in the next version of TomTom App for iPhone, which will be available soon.

OMZ - I mean, it's not like iOS5 was 'suddenly' released without any warning... Developer builds have been around since June/July!

MaFt
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:

Had this problem on my iPhone 4 after updating to iOS 5 last night, traffic no longer works, I also get a looping error message about incorrect user ID and password.

Any idea whether when they update the app to 1.9 it will wipe any added poi's and alerts?

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10564/?locale=en_GB

Soon is all they state, a post from a TomTom staff member on the TomTom forums says they do have fix and 1.9 will be there soon.

For some reason I've been quite lucky, ios5 upgrade went smooth, traffic and the TomTom car kit both continue to work fine.

And yes you are likely to lose all your manual POIs and alerts again. I've had to put them back the last 2 updates I have done. I only use POIs though so it's not a big job. I run the camera alert app from here as a separate app.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
adobbing wrote:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10564/?locale=en_GB

Soon is all they state, a post from a TomTom staff member on the TomTom forums says they do have fix and 1.9 will be there soon.

For some reason I've been quite lucky, ios5 upgrade went smooth, traffic and the TomTom car kit both continue to work fine.

And yes you are likely to lose all your manual POIs and alerts again. I've had to put them back the last 2 updates I have done. I only use POIs though so it's not a big job. I run the camera alert app from here as a separate app.

So sounds like a preemptive backup of mapsettings.cfg and the added ov2, ogg and image files would be a sensible move.
Does anyone who updated from 1.7 to 1.8 remember whether the download is the same size as a new install?
Just wondering whether a download over 3G is to be avoided!
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is to be avoided, if you have Europe like me it is 2.1gb !!

You also need as much free space as if you are installing a new product. ie for Europe your need at least 2.1GB free before you start, if not you need to remove the product first before you even start.

You definitely lose all your POIs, I can't remember about favourites because I don't tend to have many. Years of losing these when updating old TomToms made me create them into a POI file.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
Yes it is to be avoided, if you have Europe like me it is 2.1gb !!

You also need as much free space as if you are installing a new product. ie for Europe your need at least 2.1GB free before you start, if not you need to remove the product first before you even start.

You definitely lose all your POIs, I can't remember about favourites because I don't tend to have many. Years of losing these when updating old TomToms made me create them into a POI file.

Gave up favourites years ago after losing a large amount, only use poi files.
Thanks for tip on download size, will avoid updating unless on wifi, space not an issue 10gb free on a 32gb iPhone 4.
I maintain a folder with all poi's and PGPSW camera poi's in along with a default mapsettings.cfg file
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:

anything over 20mb needs to be downloaded over wifi. apple don't let you get anything bigger over mobile data.

also, does anyone know how the live services are paid for? are they in-app purchases (charged to itunes account) or is it purchased through tomtom's own store? just when i go to it it tells me to log in to a tomtom account but i was expecting it to be all in-app!

MaFt
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
adobbing wrote:

anything over 20mb needs to be downloaded over wifi. apple don't let you get anything bigger over mobile data.

also, does anyone know how the live services are paid for? are they in-app purchases (charged to itunes account) or is it purchased through tomtom's own store? just when i go to it it tells me to log in to a tomtom account but i was expecting it to be all in-app!

MaFt

Could probably bypass the apple restriction because I have a MiFi connected to three 3G, but connected to iPhone as wifi. But losing poi's to maybe gain traffic is probably not worth rushing. Will probably wait and do via pc and reinstall poi's and mapsettings.cfg at same time.

When I purchased live services it was in app and shows in iTunes, I think the problem is that now with iOS 5 the in app purchase is pointing to TomTom and hence won't authorise.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came to use TomTom after ios5 update and while the software & traffic was working fine I did in fact lose all my POIs ?

I've put them back but I'll have to do it again when they finally release the update 1.9 version.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: