Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Partner With Ford
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Partner With Ford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: TomTom Partner With Ford Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
TomTom have partnered with Ford Europe to offer versions of their GO LIVE 1000 and 1005 models as options on Ford Ka, Fiesta, Focus. C-Max and LCV models.

The products will be semi-integrated using custom designed mounting cradles with all wires hidden and powered via the ignition.

These new products are, as yet, not available for customers in UK and Ireland, which presumably means that the cradles and installation have only been engineered for LHD markets at present but it's a positive move and news of the partnership has seen TomTom shares rise 4.9%.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess that this is the big one for Tomtom. If the devices please customers, then TT would seem to be the leader. Interesting to have all these potential HD traffic users on the road eventually, knock on secondary congestion could be the next problem.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
worried
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to mount my sat nav where the passenger can get at it.

can you imagine the driver trying to do a small reprogram while on the move, they soon banned that with mobile phones, this iis worse
bomasspot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good idea as long as the car manufacturers keep the prices of the sat navs in relation to the costs in the shops and try to pinch a few hundred pounds more.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always try to mount my sat nav where the passenger can get at it.

can you imagine the driver trying to do a small reprogram while on the move, they soon banned that with mobile phones, this iis worse

I have to agree, presently using the Brodit clip on the vent lh side of steering wheel on my current Focus and looking at ordering new Focus or Mondeo in the next few weeks i checked for Brodit options and it seems that this an option for Brodit on these models, personally i feel that they obscure the Screen view too much. presntly my unit is below screen level and has no problems with signal pickup.
tomtom_shareholder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a Royal Bank of Scotland analyst say sales estimate of 300.000 GO LIVE devices. Not cheering yet, but if it plays out like that, that would be a serious amount.

Problem in retail is now that people are opting for entry-level (TomTom START) rather than GO LIVE models. Probably insecurity about the economy.
If tomtom can sell entrylevel through retail and the more expensive models through Ford (and others) that's fine. It can offset the retail problem.

I also tend to believe (by own experience) that in a retail store the sales people (sometimes kids) cannot really explain Live services very well. Maybe a cardealer can do that better. Also maybe the price doesn't feel as high, as you're already buying a new Ford. Plus you have no wires et all.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom_shareholder wrote:
I also tend to believe (by own experience) that in a retail store the sales people (sometimes kids) cannot really explain Live services very well. Maybe a cardealer can do that better.
They can't from my personal experience and what you can read on this and other sites Sad
tomtom_shareholder wrote:
Also maybe the price doesn't feel as high, as you're already buying a new Ford. Plus you have no wires et all.
But how much are you prepared to be 'wire free'. Probably as much as the market will stand, and be a ludicrous amount more as an extra than as a stand alone Shocked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: