Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does Sygic adapt to Live Traffic information?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Sygic adapt to Live Traffic information?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Does Sygic adapt to Live Traffic information? Reply with quote

Does anyone here know if Sygic recalculates the optimum route based on the Live Traffic data it is receiving?

I know it gives an estimate of the expected delay at a point and allows you to choose to avoid that location, but what I would like is for it to suggest an alternate (better) route and ask if I wish to take it. Or possibly just change the planned route on the basis that the original is no longer considered the optimum.

However I cannot tell if it does this. The, now out of date, manual and the Sygic web pages don't seem to give an answer, and when I asked the question in their forum they deleted it quoting some incomprehensible reason and have not responded to my objection to the removal. So it seems to be down to you guys.

Thanks for your time.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After further posts on the Sygic site I have at last managed to get a response from Sygic by contacting their PR department and pointing out that it was likely to generate bad PR if they did not answer the question.

For those who are interested the response was:
Quote-

Application itself should calculate a new route from the point where you are at the moment. This means the diversion is actually a new route which has almost nothing to do with the old one.

Please note that live traffic might be sometimes problematic since things which are reported within it are collected from people which means the data provided might be sometimes inaccurate.

Unquote.

Which is quite encouraging about functionality but begs a question about whether they think it is worth paying for the Live Traffic upgrade.
Eugene7
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum on the Sygic Support pages is actually not bad - I've posted a few questions there, and Sygic Support are not at all bad in replying.

You can also see the messages on their FaceBook page.

In all, a lot better than my TomTom support experiences!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: