Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera alerts for Western Europe Tom Tom iPhone 4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera alerts for Western Europe Tom Tom iPhone 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsanz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Speed camera alerts for Western Europe Tom Tom iPhone 4 Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I have an iPhone 4 with recently purchased Tom Tom for Western Europe. I also bought the HD traffic and Speed Camera database for a year.

As many other posts concur with, the Tom Tom speed camera database is useless. Actually removing it shows more speed cameras than forking out for the subscription.

So I went down the route of installing the POcket GPS World database and alerts, following Mike Alder's instructions. However, these are only good for UK & I, including the mapsettings.cfg for this area.

I can find the speed cameras for all of Europe in the website, but how do I set the alerts for them? Does anyone have a full set of ov2, ogg, png and mapsettings.cfg set up for this?

I would very much appreciate it, as I don't have access to older Tom Tom devices to set POIs myself. If there is a way to set up the mapsettings.cfg without having a TT device (ie, via software on the PC / iPhone) I would also appreciate the help. I have downloaded MyPOI Manager and POIEdit but have no clue how to use them.

Thanks!! Smile

Javier

Very Happy Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a backup of an old TomTom still on your PC as you can point the TomTom Home software at the backup and use the "Operate My TomTom" function from within the software to configure the warnings and create the MapSettings.cfg file, if you do this you will have to rename the MapSettings.cfg file to mapsettings.cfg (all lowercase) for it to work on the iPhone - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: