Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert on Android HTC crashes - no log
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert on Android HTC crashes - no log

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinTin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert on Android HTC crashes - no log Reply with quote

Hi
I'm new to android phones and have just started using CamerAlert.
Using an HTC Sensation Android v2.3.3 and HTC Sense version 3.0
CamerAlert v1.3.0.468
I have moved the application to the SD card after installation, and downloaded Database 9.085

I traveled back and forth between Bristol and Southampton using Google Navigation and CamerAlert. Approximately three times in each direction I noticed the notification icon was missing, and it appears that CamerAlert application has close/crashed as when I then selected CamerAlert icon again it started up.

I was running the application set to show no maps ever as I was navigation using Google. I got alerts initially, but notice it was missing when I saw a camera and had no alert.

Looking though the forum I found the post indicating that crash logs should be written to the SD card, but on checking there in nothing there.

I'm not sure what other information to give, but am disappointed that the app crashed so often.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is actually an issue with android 2.3 deciding to close apps that are still running in the background...

there are a few reports in the forums about it and I think we're still trying to find a workaround for it. it only affects those running android 2.3.

MaFt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the same thing.

Have Sensation running 2.3.4, was running CA on battery alone yesterday, and screen was active all the time. Showing the little camera alerts and distance. No maps or anything else running - apart from Gmail I suppose.

Today, on 3 hr drive up M4, same thing, but plugged into the charger, and after about 2 mins the screen closed down. Verbal warnings as before, but screen was black. Used Bluetooth to make and receive mobile calls and the screen came to life again, only to close again when phone call finished.

Not happened before, maybe need to check settings to see if they changed for whatever reason.

Only updated to 2.3.4 last week, so that may be the problem.

Deep joy! Great fone though.

Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: