Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom app and parrot MKi 9000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom app and parrot MKi 9000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: tomtom app and parrot MKi 9000 Reply with quote

I've just had a Parrot MKi9000 installed in my car but I can't seem to get my tom tom app to work when the phone is paired with the kit. The app seems to navigate and run fine and you can make or receive phone calls but there is no sound from the app.

I have the phone connected via a cable and it is in a live Brodit mount. Prior to the Brodit mount being installed I had the phone in a tomtom holder and that performed the audio function whilst the parrot performed the phone function via the car radio speakers.

I've had the audio for the tomtom working briefly through the car radio but it seems to drop the connection almost right away - within seconds

Can anyone help please?

Last edited by saudidave on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried playing music via the iPhone/ Parrot, does that work? - Mike
rfp2001
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am understanding this correctly - the Parrot will accept and trasmit calls and relay them through the car speakers but your TT App will not play through the speakers and indeed you cannot hear the TT naivigation instructions at all even though the map is displaying on the iPhone?

I also have a Parrot (LS 3000) and iPhone 4 with TT v1.8. The Parrot will accept and relay calls through the car speakers but the TT App will not do so!! Initially I did not realise that the sound level on the iPhone TT App was set too low and as soon as I turned up the sound level I could hear it well enough - but only through the iPhone: it would not relay through the car speakers! I cannot play music through the car speakers either on my BMW with my iPhone - my auxilliary connection does not appear to be working correctly in the car since it will in a friend's car! Certainly in my case Parrot system I believe there is a software problem between the iPhone and Parrot that does not permit a bluetooth connection to allow it to play the iPhone - though the self same Parrot did perfectly OK with my previous Nokia!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the handbook for the Parrot does it support HFP and A2DP as it needs the A2DP mode for music replay or Navigation sounds from an app such as TomTom - Mike
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you tried playing music via the iPhone/ Parrot, does that work? - Mike

Yes Mike it does. It's "nearly" working, so to speak. A couple of times it's worked for a second or so then cut out. The iphone plays music (via it's ipod function) through the car speakers with the music cutting out and tomtom instructions coming through on the car speakers loud and clear, however the phone wants to default to ipod mode when mounted in the cradle, rather than just driving the tomtom. I don't want to have the music rumnning all the time and actually I never use the ipod function of the phone anyway. If I have the phone in the tomtom dedicated holder, the phone works thro the car speakers and the tomtom audio works fine thro the tomtom. I'm beginning to wish I had just stayed with that set up rather than the Brodit mount and may return to it because I prefer the phone at eye level on the screen anyway I think.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have a look at the handbook for the Parrot does it support HFP and A2DP as it needs the A2DP mode for music replay or Navigation sounds from an app such as TomTom - Mike

Hi Mike, yes it does, I've checked it out on Parrots website
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had another play and exhausted all the settings and options I can identify on both the iphone and the parrot, to no avail. The only time I can get this to work in the Brodit powered cradle is with the ipod playing and the tomtom app cutting in over the music. I am fortunate enough to have several cars and in my daughters fiesta I have the iphone in a passive Brodit clip with a charger lead to a power socket, thus the audio is via the iphone itself. That works fine for me, so I may emulate that in my Passat and let the phone bluetooth to the Parrot. Either that, or as I said in an earlier post, mount the phone in a tomtom cradle on the screen and bluetooth the phone to the pattot.

I have thought of another possibility and that is to delete all the music from the iphone and see what happens then! I never use the ipod facility anyway.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had another play and exhausted all the settings and options I can identify on both the iphone and the parrot, to no avail. The only time I can get this to work in the Brodit powered cradle is with the ipod playing and the tomtom app cutting in over the music. I am fortunate enough to have several cars and in my daughters fiesta I have the iphone in a passive Brodit clip with a charger lead to a power socket, thus the audio is via the iphone itself. That works fine for me, so I may emulate that in my Passat and let the phone bluetooth to the Parrot. Either that, or as I said in an earlier post, mount the phone in a tomtom cradle on the screen and bluetooth the phone to the parrot.

I did think of another possibility and that is to delete all the music from the iphone and see what happens then! I never use the ipod facility anyway. I simply get a voice message that says "no valid track to play"
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through This to fit the TomTom holder to your Pro-Clip, to avoid the hastle of reducing the size of the "ball" simply use the Brodit ball part number 533091 which fits the TomTom iPhone holder a treat - Mike
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have a read through This to fit the TomTom holder to your Pro-Clip, to avoid the hastle of reducing the size of the "ball" simply use the Brodit ball part number 533091 which fits the TomTom iPhone holder a treat - Mike

Thanks Mike, but if I am to use the tomtom holder I will do so with it on the windscreen, as intended. My problem was getting the iphone to play the tomtom app voice instructions via the car radio speakers. To get that to happen meant having the phones ipod running with the music playing and the tomtom instructions breaking in over the music. I tried every setting available on both the iphone and the Parrot MKi9000 and trust me you can't get the tomtom app audio playing over the car speakers unless the ipod is playing.

After considerable googling I've sorted an ingenious workaround. What you need to do this is a music track that is silent! I found loads of them by googling and I downloaded one that is 8 hours long. They are designed for people who fall asleep with their ipod/iphone/mp3 on. Anyway with it playing away silently, the tomtom interrupts the silence when intructions are required and the "jobs a good 'un"

There is always a way, you just have to find it!
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a similar problem. If I connect my iPhone to my car radio with bluetooth and run CamerAlert and TomTom 1.9, then CamerAlert warnings are played but no alerts from TomTom. But if I play music from the iPhone then it all works OK. Odd

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: