Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HTC "Premium Navi"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HTC "Premium Navi"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: HTC "Premium Navi" Reply with quote

I have just got a shiny new HTC Sensation phone to play with. I had to move from Orange to O2 to get a good deal though.

On the Sensation they have a mapping app called Locations, which provides you with some free maps (UK Ireland and France), and allows you to download others for free. Main advantage over Google maps is that it if you download it in advance using Wifi does not use any further data, - very useful when roaming.

As part of this app they offer a turn-by-turn navigation app called Premium Navi, which you have to pay for, either by the month, by the year, or by buying outright. Has anybody tried it yet, and if so what it is like?

At the moment the good folks at Sygic have upgraded my MM10 app to their "GPS Navigation" (original name!) for free so I am using that at the moment on the new phone. Seems similar to my MM10, but at present no custom POIs. I must say that their support was good, as usual. I emailed them to say I had a new phone and within an hour they came back with a new activation code and instructions on has to install.

I am looking forward to getting my Brodit mount so that I can see how this new app runs with CamerAlert in the background.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
RedFive1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HTC Incredible S and was keen to try out their nav offering. There should be a trial of (I think) 30 days so you can see how it works.
I tried the trial and wasn't that impressed to be honest. It tried to turn me right on the M1 to the M25 via a 40ft drop off of the overpass! That maybe wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't flagged the turn until after the slip road. I don't know if it is related but I seem to remember that it is "powered by Route 66" or something.
Based on that experience I decided it wasn't worth investing in. The maps on the other hand do come in handy when abroad.
Hope this helps. See if you have the trial available and give it a go.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. I have the maps and I will probably use them when roaming. On the other hand I have managed to move across (and update) my Sygic for Europe and Copilot for USA. So I don't think I will spend any money on their system. I
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: