Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert on HTC Hero running with CoPilot Live Premium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert on HTC Hero running with CoPilot Live Premium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert on HTC Hero running with CoPilot Live Premium Reply with quote

Purchased the new Copilot live premium with UK map couple of weeks ago - very pleased with it.
Set CamerAlert to open Copilot on startup. I realised on a regular journey on the A14 that I was not getting much out of CamerAlert at possible Mobile positions and the one fixed camera I pass on A140. The occasional warning when mobile "area" was passed other than this nothing.
Tried it originally with Speed cameras warnings turned on in Copilot and I get all the Copilot warnings but not much from CamerAlert. Have turned coPilot warnings off still little warnings.

Last night same journey just using CamerAlert and it works fine.

I have nothing else running on the HTC - no wifi on. Always use Task killer to close anything down.

I think it is the HTC Hero which is on 2.1 Android and has not got enough "memory" to run both programmes. I would be interested to hear of from other HTC Hero users of both programmes to see if this is an issue? Or is it something else?

Alan
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2 Touch) for which a replacement battery has just arrived today (the original one decided to double in thickness the other week!!).

I'm not using the stock ROM's though as I always found those to be very sluggish and memory hogging. Even with all apps closed there was little free memory. I think I'm on VillainROM 11.something which is based on Android 2.2 from what I remember.

I'll try and test it later but I don't have copilot - I do have Sygic and Navigon though so will test with both of them. What I did use to find happening was when it was low on memory it would stutter the alerts i.e. "fixed speed camera" [gap] "30" [gap] "miles per hour".

Also, can you check in the settings that you have all the camera types set to alert?

MaFt
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Have all camera types set to alert.

Alan
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the same problem a few months ago when running Sygic and CamerAlert together on my Hero running 2.1. After several replies the consensus of opinion was that the Hero simply does not have enough memory to run them both together, which I guess is your problem too.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have come to the same conclusion. If I run anything along with Copilot and TTS the speech stutters. It certainly will not run Cameralert with it. Turning Traffic alerts on is a complete disaster because of the number of other apps that startup to"download".

Time for another phone.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanlakes wrote:

Time for another phone.

Yup ... me too. My contract ran out a couple of weeks ago, but I have been too busy to sort out. I am making a call to Orange today about what deal they can offer on an HTC Sensation. Otherwise I will be getting my PAC from them and going elsewhere.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: