Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audi MMI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audi MMI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CA_0722181513
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Audi MMI Reply with quote

I've just installed this app: very impressive, and the annual sub is very reasonable.

I have one question:
I have an Audi and my iphone connects via Bluetooth to the Audi MMI system. The app works perfectly when I've selected Media, but when I switch to Radio I don't get spoken notifications.

Is there any solution to this, apart from switching off the Bluetooth?

Regards,

David
CA_0722181513
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All else having failed, I read the instructions.
Now sorted.
audi100a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - how did you solve the problem with the radio ? thanks Mike
audi100a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually David - if you dont mind me asking, I had to use the cable to connect to the MMI and not Bluetooth before I could get any voice over the system - did you say you were able to do this via bluetooth only ????

I had my iphone all working fine with the MMI system via Bluetooth, but no voice was coming from cameralert app - only from the iphone speaker !
Only by connecting the iphone by cable to the MMI did i get the app to work over my MMI system - again as above only on the media and not the radio

much appreciate answer please - thanks

Great app !
CA_0722181513
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I expressed myself badly: you need the cable connection.

When using the cable you can select whether to use the iphone speaker (which means you'll hear it when you're using the radio) or the MMI interface (in which case you'll only get warnings when Media is selected).

Click on the Quaver icon at the bottom of the camera screen and it will let you select.

Best regards,

David
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 'CA_0722181513' (let me know if you want a more personal username!) says, pressing the quaver (music notes) bring up both the ipod controls and also the audio-routing option - the top right of the pop up allows you to choose between the 'normal' iphone output or force it to use the internal speaker.

From the instruction manual:

The 'Audio routing' setting allows you to force the audio through the iPhone's speaker. This would be useful if you had a bluetooth setup that automatically routes the audio to your car stereo - in these instances you may not be listening to that input and therefore you would not hear the alerts. Set the icon to the 'music notes' [left] to use the standard output (headphones / bluetooth depending on setup) or the 'iPhone speaker' icon [right] to force the audio through the iPhone speaker.
CamerAlert - Speed Camera Warnings for iPhone CamerAlert - Speed Camera Warnings for iPhone
CA_0722181513
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As 'CA_0722181513' (let me know if you want a more personal username!) says..."

How hurtful. That is, in fact, my real name.

Still, it's good to see so many of my relatives on this forum.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker Thanks CA... (if I can be so familiar!), that's the best laugh I've had all day!
wizbang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using CamAlert for a long time now and have always been disappointed with the way the Bluetooth audio works on my Audi MMI. Let me explain:

I use Waze for navigation via my iPhone and this allows me to set "Prefer Bluetooth for audio". When I select this option all Waze alerts and navigation instructions are sent over Bluetooth to my Audi MMI. These sounds come out of my car speakers regardless of what audio source I have my MMI set to e.g. I can be listening to the radio, the CD or the iPhone and whenever there is a navigation instruction I hear it over the car speakers. This is similar to the way that the phone always "rings" thru the car speakers regardless of audio source.

Is there any way that CamAlert can be enhanced to do the same thing?

Also, is there anyway I can increase the volume of the CamAlert announcements as they always come out so quiet regardless of the volume setting.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamerAlert does already do this. At least it does with my iOPlay BT kit.

Have you read MaFts post above?
wizbang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I read the above post before adding my own post.

The situation I have is that I use the same iPhone and car, but Waze works fine and CamAlert doesn't. Waze announcements always come out on the car speakers, but Camalert's announcements only come out on the car speakers when I am listening to music from my iPhone. If I'm listening to the radio I don't get them, but I do get Waze.

I've experimented with CamAlert and it's settings, but they do not seem to make a difference.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Waze speaks to you does your stereo show it as a phone call or as BT audio?

I wonder if they have managed to get it to export through the BT handsfree protocol?! We use the A2DP (stereo over bluetooth) connection so your stereo would need to be on BT audio mode. Likewise if you had a CD in you would need to set it to CD and that would stop other audio.

MaFt
wizbang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I did some experiments this evening.

Waze uses the A2DP protocol. I confirmed this by disconnecting A2DP via the MMI and only having HFP established. All Waze announcements went out the iPhone speaker until I re-established the A2DP connection via the MMI and then they started coming out the car speakers again.

I rebooted my iPhone and confirmed that when I am using Waze the Audi MMI allows the announcements to come out of the car speakers regardless of what "input" I have selected in the MMI e.g. I get Waze announcements when I am listening to the radio, in-built jukebox, CD or iPhone.

I rebooted the iPhone again and then started CamerAlert. Whilst I had CamerAlert as the foreground app all sound went to the car speakers (but it was much quieter than the Waze announcements), but as soon as I changed the MMI "input" to Radio I no longer got any CamerAlert sounds from the car speakers. If I told the app to use the iPhone speaker then sound came out of the iPhone.

What could Waze be doing differently to always have the sound come out of the car speakers and why is Waze much louder than CamerAlert?
Adamantium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt,

Any chance that you could look into using the handsfree protocol for your alert output?

Adam
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we're looking into that.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: