Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Add speed alert souns to igo 8.3.4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Add speed alert souns to igo 8.3.4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
csj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Add speed alert souns to igo 8.3.4 Reply with quote

I would like to add some speed alert sounds from TomTom to my iGO8.3 so that, instead of beeps on igo, I get a spoken message like "redlight camera ahead" or "Gatso ahead".

I've zipped and copied a couple of the TomTom sounds to my DdiMkaspecter1.1.25 igo skin, both as ogg and wav files but they do not show up when I run the igo program.

Is there a simple way of achieving this. I noticed that the TomTom files, after zipping and copying were far smaller than the igo ones but I'd like to know if there's a way round this attempt.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the skin that you are using supports spoken alerts, but those developed by Gurjon (and others) do (Google is your friend here). I thought that the DiSpecter skins did support voice cam alerts.

It's not easy to have voice alerts unless you have the right skin because it involves writing the code yourself, which is a pretty daunting task.

Given that the skin you are using does support voice alerts, it's then fairly simple to change the .ogg files to get what you want, but you do need to be pretty adept at handling zip files etc.

What resolution is your device, as some skins do not support all resolutions?
csj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

My resolution is 320x240 and the skin that I'm using is diMkaspecter1.1.25e_Dark.zip which does seem to allow changing sound alerts (at least for those loaded by default in the program).

What I've done (rightly or wrongly) is to take the .wav and .ogg files from both TomTom and iGO Primo by opening the respective folders containing the sound files and dragging the relevant sound files to my PC's desktop. I've then taken my SD card from thje satnav and inserted it into a card reader on my PC. I then opened the diMkaspecter1.1.25e_Dark.zip file on my desktop using WinRar and have then dragged the .waqv and .ogg files into the Audio folder in the skin.

This seems to accept the new audio files but when I turn iGO on in the car, and waiting for a GPS signal, the new audio files do not show up as an option.

I presume I must be doing something wrong but don't know what.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the exact skin that you have, but in the DiMk..... skins, the speed cam alert sound files go in the folder iGO8\Audio\EN\Voice_female or voice_male folder
The voice files must have the correct filenames and be in .ogg format.
So it sounds possible that your skin does support the voices, but you need to download the voice files, as they are not in the skin.
Download from Here But remember they must go in the folder structure that I have indicated above.
Go to the igo Menu\Settings\Warnings\Speed Camera Warning\Audible Warning and select the language. If you don't get the option of English male or English female, the location of the files is not where the skin expects them to be OR your skin does not support speedcam voices.
If you can get that working, you might be able to replace the 'stock' voices with TT ones.
csj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again M8TJT for your help. I've now downloaded the files and will try to install them later today or tomorrow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: