Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 950 Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 950 Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Tomtom 950 Live Reply with quote

Present map is v 845.2702. Can anyone give me an idear how old this map is please, and what map of Western Europe and North America would I need to get for best upgrades. Also would it be best to put them on a SD card instead of into memory. Thank you.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your v845 maps were released on 16th February 2010.

Version v875 maps have just been released a couple of weeks ago (16th August 2011).
There are 4 map releases a year, each release number going up by "5" so there have been 5 releases since your v845 ones.

As maps are normally downloaded via TomTom's "Home" program now, you don't have to worry about which version number you get.

------------------

As the maps have got quite a bit bigger over the last year, you won't be able to fit both the Europe and US maps on the internal memory at once. What I have done is move the US map onto an micro SDHC card and kept the Europe map on internal. (A Class 6 4GB micro SDHC card is a good choice).

It's best to do this BEFORE you update (you can simply cut and paste the "North America" folder from the internal memory to the SD card using Windows Explorer) because Home will then have plenty of room to play with during the updating process.

I update the Europe map first, then disconnect from Home and select the SD card in Home's pop-up window when I reconnect.
Personally, I don't have any problems installing the US map directly onto the card, but some people have reported that Home still tries to put it on the internal memory and runs out of space. The way round that is to put the map folder AND the operating system files onto the card temporarily and then put the card into a card reader to perform the update (Home just sees it as a normal TomTom).
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for that Andy.
satsam
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 950 Live Reply with quote

Can I use a 8gb micro sd (SDHC) card
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom 950 Live Reply with quote

satsam wrote:
Can I use a 8gb micro sd (SDHC) card

Yes, or 16 or 32 (or even 64Gb) too

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: