Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't install Canadian maps in CoPilot 9
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't install Canadian maps in CoPilot 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Can't install Canadian maps in CoPilot 9 Reply with quote

I recently paid for CoPilot 9 Live Premium with Australian maps as an upgrade from CoPilot 8. I was very happy with it but I will be spending some time in Canada soon and thought I would install Canadian maps.
I tried the code for Canada I had for CoPilot 8 but it didn't work. ALK helpdesk said I would have to buy the maps again for CoPilot 9.
So I go to the ALK website and buy Canadian maps. The code doesn't work.
ALK helpdesk said that as I bought CoPilot 9 from the website, I couldn't buy Canadian maps from the website, I had to use the Android marketplace.
So I go to the Android marketplace; there was no CoPilot 9 for Canada, only CoPilot 8.
ALK helpdesk said that all North American maps include Canada. So I buy CoPilot 9 USA from the Android marketplace. There is a 15 minute period when you can get a full refund. However, CoPilot 9 only works after you download the maps; 1.3Gb took about an hour to download, a lot more than 15 minutes. I now have two CoPilot 9 apps on my phone.
After installing CoPilot 9 USA I discover it doesn't include Canada after all.
I contact ALK helpdesk again. Their reply; I am sorry but after further investigation, I can now confirm that the US upgrade key code does NOT include the Canada maps.
That was 3 days ago. Despite several reminders ALK helpdesk has not replied. I requested a refund for the useless USA map; again no reply.

So my questions are:
1. Are ALK always like this?
2. Has anyone ever installed Canadian maps for CoPilot 9? I suspect they do not exist.
3. Can I expect similar problems with CoPilot when I go to other countries, in particular the UK?
4. Is there working GPS software for Android where I can have a single app and have maps for Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada? I spend a lot of time outside mobile coverage areas so I need on-phone maps.

In the meantime I have reinstalled CoPilot 8.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Copilot 8 for USA and Canada when I am visiting over there. AFAIK Canada is included in the N. America map.

If you want something different try Sygic. (www.Sygic.com), which I use for Europe. They do Aus & NZ for E26, UK & Ireland for E20 and Canada for E16. On the other hand you can get North America, which includes USA, Canada and Mexico for E24.

Those are prices for Android or iphone.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may Sygic a go.

Part of all this saga is that Canada was included with CoPilot 8 but not CoPilot 9. Even ALK's staff didn't know that.
Synth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a reply from ALK, a week after their last feeble attempt. Also they were too late, I already switched to another GPS software.

They suggest that I buy North America again and then upgrade to Australia. So the real cost of CoPilot is double the advertised price.
Also, I don't believe this would solve anything and I don't see why I should pay to test their software. They didn't even offer a refund or reduced cost for buying CoPilot for a third time.
CoPilot obviously has a lot of problems with maps.

I have now bought another softwre and it works. Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand on a single app.

I still do not believe that CoPilot has maps of Canada. ALK have lied to me several times and I do not trust them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: