Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
ALK technologies have today launched CoPilot Live Premium, the latest in their popular line of navigation applications for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones.

CoPilot Live Premium builds upon the success of CoPilot Live and adds a number of new features including a route overview screen that allows you to drag any of the three alternate routes to fine tune them.

The new user interface allows uses a dashboard-style panel view and allows you to drag and pan the navigation screen map and tap'n'hold to set a destination or to access location specific information.

Other features include Text To Speech voices, ActiveTraffic, Facebook and Twitter Social Media connectivity, Bing local search and Wikipedia integration.

CoPilot Live Premium is available now in the Android Market with a special 7-day introductory price of £14.99 for UK & Ireland and £29.99 for European maps. After the promotion ends pricing will be £29.99 for UK & ireland and £59.99 for Europe.

A 12mth subscription to ActiveTraffic is available as an in-app purchase for £9.99.

CoPilot Live Premium for iPhone and CoPilot Live Premium HD (for iPad) are awaiting Apple approval and are expected to be available shortly.

Click through to see sample screenshots.

PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info on whether this will be available for WinMobile?
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone asks, no there is no free/ reduced price to upgrade for existing users just the special offers listed above for any user.
see http://www.reghardware.com/2011/06/27/alk_copilot_premium_pricing/
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF this is indeed a cost upgrade for a new app and the map that accompanies it I really can't see it doing too well with existing iPhone users once Apple approve it.

This will be the first app to require a re-purchase for the app due to an upgrade, I bet the other nav app suppliers will watch this very closely, so you get to purchase the new app and they pay even more via subscription for the new features such as traffic.

I think they have got their cost model totally wrong with this one if, indeed its a purchase only update for the iPhone - Mike
gft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium Reply with quote

I've just purchased this as an upgrade to CoPilot Live V8 as it looked as if it had a few more features which made it an attractive purchase, especially for the offer price. After installing it on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I tried to add my personal POI's which I had previously used with Version 8. Could not get the premium version to accept any of my POI's or even discover any sort of editing for altering things. I have since uninstalled it and gone back to the Version 8 for which I have never had any problems. I have sent ALK an email to which I look forward a reply. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Crying or Very sad
imarsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definate improvement over v8, feels much slicker than the old one. And they finally sorted out the importation of the PGPSW POI files. The directory name has changed slightly (now: /sdcard/com.alk.copilit.eumarket.premiumeumaj/save/) but you can upload all the data files in one go and CoPilot will import all of them now! Very Happy Added bonus that you can actually read the camera warning when it comes up too. Shocked
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
IF this is indeed a cost upgrade for a new app and the map that accompanies it I really can't see it doing too well with existing iPhone users once Apple approve it.

I disagree.

The appstore sales model has set expectations ridiculously low. Whilst a minor bug or incremental version upgrade should be free, a ground up re-write which is in essence an entirely new app surely justifies a further charge?

Neither Google nor Apple offer any system for discount offers for upgraders but ALK have at least extended a large discount for the launch period.

The practice of offering free updates with free maps is not going to last and why should it? If that were the case, app sales would become a massive pyramid/ponzi sales scam with continued development costs and rapidly diminishing market for new sales.
flobbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Europe Version Reply with quote

I have been waiting for this new Co Pilot. Previously used Live 8 on a windows mobile and rather liked it. Now have an Android Phone. I want to take advantage of the discount. But where is the Europe Version on the Android Market? I can only find the UK and Ireland version. Is it there yet? I have searched but can't see it. There doesn't appear to be any tarce of the Europe Version. Anybody got any clues?
RedButcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Europe Version Reply with quote

flobbers wrote:
I have been waiting for this new Co Pilot. Previously used Live 8 on a windows mobile and rather liked it. Now have an Android Phone. I want to take advantage of the discount. But where is the Europe Version on the Android Market? I can only find the UK and Ireland version. Is it there yet? I have searched but can't see it. There doesn't appear to be any tarce of the Europe Version. Anybody got any clues?

Glad it's not just me - I cant see it either as I'm after the Europe version too.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's available via the web Android Market site:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alk.copilot.eumarket.premiumeupan&feature=search_result
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy290 wrote:
I've been considering buying a navigatiion app for my Android phone (HTS Desire S) and had read CoPilot 8 was the "best". Is "CoPilot Live Premium Europe" an add-on to CoPilot 8 or a replacement of it?

Premium is the new, later version, it is in essence v9 albeit they have chosen not to call it that.

The previous version will continue to be available and supported for those existing users who do not wish to buy the new version.
RedButcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It's available via the web Android Market site:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alk.copilot.eumarket.premiumeupan&feature=search_result

Ahh - great, it wasn't there earlier as I searched for it Smile.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Standard or Premium Reply with quote

I cant seem to find anywhere what the difference is between the Standard and Premium editions. I have just bought Premium UK (I am sure there was a standard UK yesterday for about £2 although it isn't there now) and there is a Standard USA version for about £2 that I am thinking of getting as a cheap way of getting the US maps but I cant see what the difference is between versions. Question
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium is essentially v9. All non-premium versions are the older v8.

Premium is aground up re-write, new UI, new application, new engine.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Premium is essentially v9. All non-premium versions are the older v8.

Premium is aground up re-write, new UI, new application, new engine.

Hi Darren,

Im not sure if this is the case as if you look in the market place after doing a search for Copilot you get

https://market.android.com/search?q=copilot&so=1&c=apps

Copilot Live USA - the old one (£3.12 +VAT)
Copilot Live Premium USA - the new one (£6.25+VAT)
Copilot Live Standard USA - also a new one added to the marked on June 27th but only £1.87+VAT

But when you look at the descriptions for Standard v Premium it is not apparent what the difference is!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: