Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 4350 Problem with Q2/2011 maps and POIs- Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 4350 Problem with Q2/2011 maps and POIs- Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Navigon 4350 Problem with Q2/2011 maps and POIs- Update Reply with quote

Posted the following on Navigon's Facebook page:

4350 Problem with Q2/2011 maps and POIs.
When I downloaded maps via Fresh on 16th June 4350 wouldn't lock on GPS.
Restored to backup 10th June and OK.
Downloaded the new POIs via Fresh and 4350 wouldn't lock on GPS again.
This was odd as when I downloaded the POIs on 11th June they were fine.
So now I have lost both POIs and Q2/2011 maps.
What is going on? Please help?

Navigon Support replied via email as follows:

We recommend that you use the "Device Restore Function" in the program Navigon Fresh. At first, please ensure that your device is registered and the battery is fully charged. Then use the following steps:
- Connect your device to your PC.
- format the device (it shows as a removable medium NAVIGON on your PC).
- Rightclick on the removable device and choose "format".
- Keep the default file format (if you have an additional SD card in your device, you have to format it too [file format "FAT32"])
- Save the attached NAVIGON.zip to your PC and extract it to the removable device (not to the SD card).
- Start the NAVIGON Fresh program and log in with your email adress and password.
- Go to the menu bar at the top window border and click on "My NAVIGON Device" and "Device Restore".
- Follow the instructions and choose the device which you want to restore.
- When the wizard has lead you through all the steps, click "next" to begin the device restore.
As soon as the device restore has successfully finished, check for updates for your device and install them.

There was no attached file so I haven't yet started this process. (Finally received 15:30 20 June.)

Will keep you posted on progress but I expect to lose POI-W function after this! Crying or Very sad If so I will have to use my old 2100 max with PGPS speedcams as well as the 4350. Rolling Eyes

21 June: Device Restore didn't work the first time but I suspected there were old files still about so I manually deleted everything on the flash and SD disks and did a full format rather than the Quick Format I did initially. This worked and everything bar POI-W is now there and working.
Later: POI-Warner installed OK and much to my relief is working as normal. Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: