Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wanted: New sat nav.. But which one.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: New sat nav.. But which one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornz wrote:
mikealder wrote:
Itinerary Planning will take you from A to B to C etc but only in the same specific order you enter each waypoint, the device will simply calculate a route via each point, it will not optimise the route - Mike

From the PGPSW website itself.
The 3790T has a useful Trip Planner. This allows multi-point routing and the option to optimise the points in-between your start and destination."

Indeed it does, what makes this even worse is the fact I own and use a 3790T, that said I have never even tried to optimise a route as I never carry out a multi-stop itinerary so its a feature I personally wouldn't use, sorry for the duff info though in my earlier reply.

Give it a run out in the hills to see the true capability of the display, the 3D rendering of the maps is stunning in the Dales, Lakes or North Scotland, to be honest anywhere thats got mountains looks so much better on the 3790 than any other unit I have used in the car - Mike
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we all make mistakes..
Look at me, i bought a Tomtom, then i bought a garmin, what i didnt know is i have bought the wrong one!!!
I thought i had a 3790t, but i have a 3760t which has no voice control AND on the Halfords website, its cheaper than the 3760t!!!
Twenty quid less, higher spec!!! So the 3760t is going back now!!!!
Ahh its all fun at the fair.
stanwhite_snr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Me too looking for another device Reply with quote

Hi,

Go 940 - Fabulous. Thank goodness it is still working.

Go 6000. Hate it beyond all comprehension, very limited entry level expensive pile of junk. I will never buy another tomtom.

So the question is:

What is the nearest I can get to a go 940 in terms of facilities, but with ANY manufacturer bar tomtom? Price no object. Must be able to:

Avoid part of route
Add custom POIs
Set own screen colours,
Connect to phone for handsfree.
Have UK and Europe
3D display

Then there are many things I might like, so any suggestions, and I will do the rest of the research.

Cheers,

Stan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: