Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - turn by turn software for Windows phone7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

turn by turn software for Windows phone7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerrysr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: turn by turn software for Windows phone7 Reply with quote

Hi All, have just got an HTC mozart running windows phone 7... OK now you've stopped laughing! any suggestions for a decent sat nav software? was running tom tom 6 on my old HTC HD.
Kerry
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment there's no onboard Satnav apps though people at xda have managed to get navigon running on it. This could change towards the end of the year when the next big update comes along codenamed mango hopfully then the os will be more attractive for3rd party suppliers.
Its very fustrating at the moment I've use an hd7 as my main phone atm and I do love the os unfortunately windows phone isn't backwards compatable so anything that ran on machines upto wm6.5 won't run on windows phone there are reasons for this as much as a PIA as it is
Have a look at silver navigator that's in market place I think its 3 or 4 pounds but it does use offboard mapping

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
kerrysr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Alix776
I agree there isnt much around yet.
Kerry
TheMammoth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Bing Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure if I'm missing something, but if you search for a location using the latest Windows 7 phone version of Bing, it will offer directions and draw the map for you - its worth a look at

Paul
Zufenhausen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have exactly the same dilemma about the HTC HD7 and no SatNav available. I have contacted ALK (CoPilot) and Route 66 and they have no date of a release for the WinMob7 OS software. HTC cannot give me any indication of a supplier. WinMob7 website does not refer to anything to do with a real SatNav!!

I currently have the HTC HD2 and use CoPilot live 8 which works very well but the attraction of the HD7 is the improved OS. I'm hooked on the OS as the intergration with Outlook in my office and home PC's is perfect and very reliable. In my business context, that is of paramount importance to me. The second line of importance to me is a good full feature SatNav so when I step in to a hire car at a foreign airport, in two minutes I know I'm going in the right direction and I can find hotels etc.

Lets hope the OS update in a few months that has been mentioned sparks interest to develop a real SatNav solution. In the meantime I will continue with my HD2 and just learn to be even more patient!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i think itll be mid to late next year when the first onboard stuff starts coming through hopefully then the nokia units will have gained some traction and the apis will be available heres hoping

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: