Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Home cannot recognise my map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Home cannot recognise my map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: TT Home cannot recognise my map Reply with quote

On my 940 I have Western and Central Europe v870.3406 but when I am in TT Home is does not recognise what map I have installed. It gives the version number plus "no description available", the size is 1MB larger than the same version offered just below it. My version is from the map update service.

This happens on both "add maps" and "manage my go" but the map share corrections service still works.

On the 530 Home recognises the UK & ROI map as normal.

The 940 recognises the map name and version.

Any ideas why it is doing this?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the .tlv file might be missing from the "maps" folder on the Go
(that's the folder ACTUALLY called "maps" rather then what we usually call your "map folder").

AFAIK, Home seems to be the only thing that uses these .tlv files and they are usually just the text that Home shows on screen to describe the map coverage etc.

Mine is called "Western_and_Central_Europe.tlv" but unlike other .tlv files, this one is not a simple text file and isn't readable with Notepad.

I have the same map version as you... If you PM me with an email address I'll sent my .tlv file to you to try if you like.
[/code]
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, I must have had a corrupted TLV file from my last map update. I reverted to 8.65 and updated again and my new 8.7 TLV file is around 1KB longer.

I noticed there were two files on my PC missing from the first five file update, the two gif files and many lines were missing from the TOC file which should have contained the description that would have ended up in the TLV file. The TOC was not corrupted, just information missing, lines 7-15, 20-29, 50 & 51.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, since I have the same issue, there must have been a duff update. I'll have to look into sorting it I guess.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reverted to an earlier version then downloaded the update again which took some time. I think copying the TLV file from another Go of the same map will resolve this.

If you want to reinstall, all you need is the new TOC file and possibly the two gifs that were not downloaded. The TOC file is device specific although that is only that it contains your device code, so it could be edited if you get another copy. The main cab files downloaded were OK. I downloaded the 8.70 within minutes of it being released.

Whilst this does not affect the operation of the Go, I suspect that as Home does not know what map is installed, it will not offer a new map when it is released.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier, I have the same map on the same machine, so I can sent you my .tlv if it's any help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: