Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sygic Aura / Sygic GPS update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sygic Aura / Sygic GPS update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Sygic Aura / Sygic GPS update Reply with quote

Sygic Aura on my android has now become Sygic GPS after updating on the android market and will now not activate. Was fine before the update.

Also cannot even use their web site. Have tried 3 different pc's and keep getting a message that says some thing like 'a script on this web site will make windows stop responding. No matter what I click, either keep using the script or not, it will not work.

Using Internet Explorer 7 on all 3 pc's.

Any body else having these problems.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the site with Firefox?

MaFt
Peter_sygic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
unfortunately in latest version we have bug, where you click on My Sygic __ Notification __ you'll stuck in loop that after activation it's written that product is not activated. It's OK.

Product is activated if you see roads in map or you're able to choose country in: Navigate to __ Address __ Country __ if you see something here, it's activated.

for more info about this case:support(dot)sygic(dot)com;there is forum with this problem "After update can't re-activate product"

From update website sygic(dot)com is here some problem with IE7. We are still working on fix it.
you can use newer IE8 or some other browser.

Peter
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming from the title and content of the message that Peter_sygic is from Sygic may I say how pleased I am to see him posting here and to see what he says.

I was about to give up on Aura or whatever it is called now but this post and a surprisingly good response to an email.

The response to the email revealed that they appeared to have made no progress on the problem over estimating ETA but that this was a problem only with UK maps. Sad

I gave them a (polite) suggestion on how they might improve things in the short term and they said they would look into it. So we wait again but at least they are looking a bit more responsive.
Satsync 1.525
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he is from Sygic. I asked him to comment and he registered and replied within about 20 minutes. Very Happy

Well, they do have "we listen" as their slogan!

I've also mentioned the ETA a few times along with a few suggestions about what may be causing it but I have a feeling, as English isn't their first language, that my description may not have been easy to understand...

Here's my thoughts:
Quote:
I've had a thought and done some calculations and testing.

I wonder if KPH and MPH are getting mixed up somewhere in Aura's calculations?

Going back to the original route shown below and the average speed of 64.5mph that it suggests. If, however, we convert 64.5KPH to mph we get about 40mph - which is more realistic average speed for that short route although still a little fast? If we recalculate 1.9miles at 40mph we get a more realistic time of 2m51s.

The route to London that I mentioned earlier was 199miles in 2.5hours - that's an average of 79.6mph (faster than the motorway speed limit!). However, if we change 79.6KPH to mph we get 49.5mph. If we recalculate 199miles at 49.6mph then we would get a time of just under 4 hours.

And, finally, a new route of 3.4 miles with a suggested ETA of 3m29secs. This gives an average of 58.3mph. If we assume mph and kph are switched, then 58.3kph is 36mph (again, more realistic for this route - mostly 30mph but a stretch of 60mph). 3.4miles at an average of 36mph would take 5min40sec - a far more realistic time.

Maybe this helps? Maybe it doesn't... I just thought I'd pass on the information!
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had wondered if it was a km/m issue but decided it was not. I just asked Sygic GPS to navigate me between two points on the M4 30 miles apart. It estimated a travel time of 24m 6s. Which is a close as I could expect to 70 mph. Can't see a km/m issue there.

Whatever they need to fix it.
Satsync 1.525
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the latest update - 11.0.1 I believe - has much better ETAs where they seem to be based on the speed limit. Still not perfect by any means but much better than some of the ETAs I got before which required average speeds well in excess of 100mph.

The added bonus with this update was it restored the app on my Desire HD running CM7 which Sygic just told me to go away when I reported a previous update broke it.
Peter_sygic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: ETA prblm Reply with quote

Hi ALL, I know that we have problem with ETA in your region. i cannot find causality.
In software we used the same algorithm like in others region where isn't that problem (Map of other regions are similar-from the same provider). Compute of ETA is based on speedcategory restriction SUM of each road element. I think that it must caused by map data. We must find some elegant resolution. I hope that it will be into next update
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter - are you sure there is no mix up with Kph and Mph? The rest of Europe being Kph and getting reasonably accurate results suggests it could be.

Also you need to base on lower than the advertised speed limits. Many UK main roads are 60mph but the average you will tend to get on these is nearer 40mph.
weetabixface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing this ETA issue as well as incorrect map data. Mobile maps and now Aura give routes through bus or emergency vehicle only lanes. Back in December technical support assured me that this would be fixed with the Aura update, it hasn't been fixed and having reported this again they are now ignoring my emails. I have now discovered that some roads are missing in Aura, off up the Argyll coast later today and roads that are off the A83 are not on the map in Aura, including the one I need to use for my first destination. Used MM before up that way without any problem so really not sure what is going on with Aura

W

HTC Desire/Android
x0149128
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly I find the routing on MM10 just fine in terms of time.

I can usually save time off the estimate. Not as much as with my TomTom though.

Of course, I do ride a motorcycle, so inevitably its quicker, i.e no waiting in traffic, quicker acceleration etc..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: