Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Wide-Range Average Speed Camera System Approved
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Wide-Range Average Speed Camera System Approved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob_W
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
People have simply got out of practice!

They've also got out of practice with being overtaken, in fact some drivers don't like it, and deliberately try to obstruct you. I had a very close shave the other day, when I was nearly forced off into the off-side ditch.

Tell me abbout it I also have had that happen!
pu55er
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit off topic but I think a story of interest. Comint home from the Eurotunnel while travelling up the motorway direction M25 we experienced very heavy rain for the whole journey. This made driving quite hazadous due to visibility, traction and all cars that I could see slowed down to compensate for the conditions.

The I saw this lunatic in my rear mirror driving at what must have been more than a hundred miles an hour shoot past. It was a black Merc. While I was pondering the stupidty, another black Merc shot by at a similar speed follwoed by another and then a people carrier trying to keep up with a police motorbike outrider and lastly a Ford Mondeo also black.

So I wrote a letter to Kent police saying that if any other of the cars had pulled out even if in the wrong, the carnage would have been horrendous as nothing could have stopped in that weather quickly and at that speed.

Surely even blue lights should have been prerequisite or even flashing headlights. Obviously not so with spooks as they don't want to draw attention to themselves. Laughing
But I was assured that these are specially trained drivers and therefore that can travel in this weather at that speed without any danger to the public. Rolling Eyes All based on risk assessment apparently so they have to balance killing themselves and members of the public with the mission objective which seemed to be trying to get home before the pubs shut.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: