Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIs as destinations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIs as destinations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
@ Daggers.... You want me to just find a different example? Rolling Eyes

Apologies for going over the top, Andy - It's just that Teesside is one of the most commonly misspelled place names in England, and it really irritates the natives! People from places such as Lundan probably aren't aware just how annoying it can be! Evil or Very Mad Wink
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
@ Daggers.... You want me to just find a different example? Rolling Eyes

@IanS100.... Good God. How come I've glossed over that menu item for all these years?

What a great start.... I sat a Go940 and a Go950 next to each other, enabled Bluetooth on both then (not quite sure what to do next, I tapped "Connect to Bluetooth Device on the 950.
It founfd the 940 straight away, asked me to confirm that I wanted to connect and then came back with "TomTom Go 940 Live - The required features could not be found for this phone"
Prats!

I tried again, just using the "Send file" screen and iit all works fine.
Files I can send are: Voices, POI category, Music file, Document, Photo, Colour Scheme, Itinerary, Car Symbol, Start-up Image, Ringtone.

So I guess the way to send a single POI or destination is to make an Itinerary with just that one location in it.
(or a new POI category with just one location in it would be just as good).

I've not tried bluetooth between 2 sat navs, I don't suppose there's any way of sending a location or favorite from 1 to the other 'sans PC'

Is buddies no more? I can't see any reference to it on my 550 Live or in the manual
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:

I've not tried bluetooth between 2 sat navs, I don't suppose there's any way of sending a location or favorite from 1 to the other 'sans PC'

Seems to work well.
The problem with sending a favorite or a location is that the BT transfer is only set up to transfer certain file types, and Favourites and single locations don't exist as a "file" (except in MapSettings.cfg).

But as I suggested above, it doesn't take long at all to save your Fav. or location into a new POI category or itinerary and transfer that across.

You could even keep a POI category specially for it, called "File_Transfer.ov2" or whatever.

IanS100 wrote:
Is buddies no more? I can't see any reference to it on my 550 Live or in the manual

Nope, Buddies was YET ANOTHER FEATURE dropped by the powers-that-be at TomTom. I think it's still available on older models but is disabled on Go x50's, XL's and anything since.
acatswhisker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: POIs as Destinations Reply with quote

All good stuff, but I would be grateful if we don't go too far off topic as my plan is eventually to refer TomTom to the various forums where this is being discussed with hopefully many people agreeing and then to persuade them to reinstate the functionality. Perhaps some spin off forums could address the other issues?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd better shut up then... My name will crop up in all of them!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: