Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGo8, POIs and Win Phone 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGo8, POIs and Win Phone 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thermex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: iGo8, POIs and Win Phone 7 Reply with quote

I'm running iGo8 on my work phone which is Windows Mobile 6.5 and am very happy with it. However, next month the phones are being upgraded and I'm being given a HTC Mozart running Windows Phone 7.

Does anyone know if my copy of iG8 will run on Phone 7?

Where does iGo store all my personal POIs? I want to copy them across to the new phone so I don;t have to re-add them on teh new phone.

Cheers.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: iGo8, POIs and Win Phone 7 Reply with quote

I think that you will find them in iGo8\Content\userdata\poi folder NOT in iGO8\content\poi folder

There are three files for each PIO group *.kix, *.klm, and *.kns. You only need to copy the .kml file as iGO will build the rest on first boot up after the copying of the files to the device.

As to whether it will work on your new phone, I don't know, but let us know how you get on.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer is no iGo8 will not run on wp7 nor will any current applicationsthe you run on wm6.5 the operating system and program language are totally different so anything that will run on wm6.5 will not run on wp7 there are issues involing outlook but that can be solved by using an outlook connector more apps are appearing though on board GPs nav isn't available as yet it maybe the endof theyear before that happens when multitasking is improved

Oh I am using wp7 as my main phone the os is great but there are some shorcomings see xda developers for what issues affect the os

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: iGo8, POIs and Win Phone 7 Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
I think that you will find them in iGo8\Content\userdata\poi folder NOT in iGO8\content\poi folder

Small addition: the POI's added as Favorites, are placed in igo8\Save\ folder as user.upoi file.

And, as mentioned above: No, there is no NaVNgo satnav available for Win7.
Well, that was the reason of my choice, I got the offer for Galaxy S and HD7, the choice was obvious.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit. Already been said above.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: