Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live120 Via & POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live120 Via & POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firangie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Live120 Via & POIs Reply with quote

Hi, Can anyone help me please, I have just replaced my old Tom tom XL - for the newer Live 120 Via UK,
Thank to "Pocket GPS" I was able to download Things like Shell / Mc Donalds to my old XL, Before it died,
But with the new Live 120, I do not seem able to fit these much needed POI,
Can offer any here,
Regards Dave, (Firangie)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most (if not all) of the Via models use the new "MyTomTom" web-based interface for updating, instead of the old TomTom "Home" program, and using MyTomTom is the ONLY way to add user-POIs, you can't just copy and paste them any more..

In fact, the ability to add user-POIs with the new system has only just been added, and for it to work, you need the latest version of MyTomTom AND the latest software for your Via.

If you don't have "MyTomTom" you can get it from the link on THIS TomTom help page.

(That SHOULD give you the latest version, but you may need to click on the icon in the system tray (next to the PC clock), select settings and tick the boxes on BOTH the "General" and "About" tabs.)

Once everything is up to date AND the Via is connected, you should have this option in the MyTomTom pop-up window (when you click on the icon)

Click on that and a browser window should open that looks like this:

(If you've added nothing yourself yet, you will only have one file showing there at the bottom - "Favorites.ov2"

The new functionality allows you to browse your PC for POI files that you have already saved on there (either from another TomTom or downloaded from the web), and then to install them onto the machine.

The other buttons lower down allow you to remove them again, or to copy to computer to back them up or transfer them to another TomTom.

Note that you can only upload ONE file at a time, so even to do one POI file means installing the .ov2 data file and the .bmp icon separately.

We should be able to select blocks of files and install them all at once, but there's no way to do that yet. Also there is no way to add audio files as yet.

You'll also see that (at last!) your Favourites are stored on the machine as an .ov2 file as well, which makes it easy for users to back it up or swap it between machines.
Be aware that the filename itself uses the American spelling 'Favorites.ov2'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: