Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Starting Up problem..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting Up problem..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpfrost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Starting Up problem.. Reply with quote

I have been using Checkpoint 3.2 for some time with no problem.

I recently performed a hard reset and installed all my apps again. But now, Checkpoint takes minute to load! Its not TomTom because if I load that separately it starts almost immediately.

When Checkpoint has loaded, if I view the "About" menu option it tell sme I am monitoring 5043 POIs - although all I have sync'd is the Speed camera?

Any ideas?
garygfx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the file explorer (preferably via Activesync) and look in the folder where the Tomtom maps are kept. In there you'll find lots of .ov2 files. Delete the ov2 files that you know you don't need but make sure it's obvious what files you are deleting. e.g. burger_king.ov2, petrolstations.ov2. CheckPoint doesn't delete the files it doesn't use, it's up to you to remove the ones you don't want.
jpfrost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Maps folder I only have the POI's that I require.

However in My/Documents/CheckpointFiles/ I do have lots of bmp that I don't need. Can I delete these? Will it help my problem?
Coastie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. It was simply caused by the large numbers of POIs that I had synchronised. I deleted everything and re-installed.

I've now just got the safety cameras and MacDonalds and all works well.

Coastie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toshiba e570, Tomtom Navigator GB v.3, Checkpoint 3.2 :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpfrost wrote:
However in My/Documents/CheckpointFiles/ I do have lots of bmp that I don't need. Can I delete these? Will it help my problem?

They're because you've set up CheckPOInt 3 in synchronised mode. Not only does it use a lot of memory for all those BMP files, but it's impossible to capture new cameras for the Pocket GPS database in that mode. It's also in my experience impossible to break the link to POIplace without a hard reset (and even if you break the link, it still doesn't record cameras as well as version 2.0.2).

If you want to use the Pocket GPS camera database, I suggest you uninstall CheckPOInt 3 and install version 2.0.2 from the downloads area of this web site. Alternatively, if you're prepared to pay a little money, GPSAssist 2 is, in my opinion, far better than CheckPOInt. There's no POI recording in the current release version, but the beta testers have a POI recorder, and I expect a new release version with a POI recorder will be issued soon.

David
devulderj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

a new production release has just been posted with a POI Recorder and POI Manager (2.1.0.12).

Check http://www.autoreplying.com/gpsassist.htm

Thanks,
Jo.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: