Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Celebrate 2 Million App Users With 50 Percent Off
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Celebrate 2 Million App Users With 50 Percent Off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But am I right in thinking there's still no way of adding custom POIs (including PGPSW speed cams) to Navigon iPhone apps?

SORRY - forget this question. Just realised I missed page 2 of the thread. Found my answer.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter135 wrote:
Pocketgps wrote:
Thanks MaFt Very Happy

The lastest uk version3.5.3 of navigon for android is £25.41.
It includes post code search and 3d view as standard.

iphone one has postcode search as standard and 3d view as standard.

however, the postcodes are limited to 5 characters eg 'BD10 2'. the extra payment is for full 7 digit eg 'BD10 2AB'

3d view is different from Panorama 3D view - the Panarama add-on gives it the hills and 'lay of the land' as opposed to a 'flat' 3d view if that makes sense.

MaFt
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of switching to Navigon at this price. One thing puts me off though. One video review says that if you use the postcode to enter a destination, you do not get asked for a house number but just get the centre of the postcode zone. Is that still correct?

TIA

norm
peter135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
Thinking of switching to Navigon at this price. One thing puts me off though. One video review says that if you use the postcode to enter a destination, you do not get asked for a house number but just get the centre of the postcode zone. Is that still correct?

No, that not correct, you get full 7 digit seach. Or you can enter the road and house number.

TIA

norm
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter135 wrote:
No, that not correct, you get full 7 digit seach. Or you can enter the road and house number.

Sorry that is not what I was asking. If I choose postcode search, rather than address search, can I also select the house number? I appreciate I can select the house number if I use address search.

TIA
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Price change! Reply with quote

Two hours ago Navigon MobileNvigator Europe was showing as £50.81 on the Android Market. It is now showing as £37.89 - now truly 50% off the original price of over £75. Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
peter135 wrote:

Sorry that is not what I was asking. If I choose postcode search, rather than address search, can I also select the house number? I appreciate I can select the house number if I use address search.

TIA

as norm2002 said. you either enter a full 7 digit postcode and get directions to the 'centre' OR you can manually enter a road name and house number. you can't use postcode and house number.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains the price disparity then. I wonder why they chose to make them extra cost options on iPhone? Does Android have an equivalent of in-app purchase?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
That explains the price disparity then. I wonder why they chose to make them extra cost options on iPhone? Does Android have an equivalent of in-app purchase?

no, but android 3 is supposed to be adding it.

in Navigon Select they have a 'shop' where you can enter voucher codes purchased from Deutch Telekom - so I assume there is some method of purchasing via vouchers in the normal versions?

the '3d' is NOT Panarama 3D (i.e. it doesn't have the terrain data). traffic seems to be an add-on (at least in the version i have - which isn't the retail one)

MaFt
kmhphoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the UK version of this for a couple of months now so as I have a trip to the Netherlands next week I thought I'd take advantage of the discount,
I was surprised that I had to pay again within the app for "Postcodes: "Panorama View" and "Traffic".

If anyone is planning on going to the US and needs navigation software for their iPhone then "CoPilot Live USA" is phenomenal value at £2.99. I've used it on several trips and its now replaced a TomTom 950.
zebsogo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmhphoto wrote:
I've been using the UK version of this for a couple of months now so as I have a trip to the Netherlands next week I thought I'd take advantage of the discount,
I was surprised that I had to pay again within the app for "Postcodes: "Panorama View" and "Traffic".

Yeah well it doesn't surprise me alas. Theses companies are here to make money so they give with one hand and take with the other. Yes It would be fairer if you have purchased the add-ons already for your device that you souldn't have to pay again . But i guess as the EU version is a separate program then the in app purchases are there just for that specific application.

BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Navigon certainly treat different devices and different uses, which require different software packages, as separate apps for charging purposes. I don't think any company would act otherwise where additional work is involved. Same also, for instance, if you change your iPhone for an Android. But if you just upgraded your iPhone, Navigon would not charge you again for the app as it's the same package.

TBH, seems a very reasonable approach to me!
peter135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
as norm2002 said. you either enter a full 7 digit postcode and get directions to the 'centre' OR you can manually enter a road name and house number. you can't use postcode and house number.

MaFt

If you use the full 7 digit post code you get only the "centre". If you use the first 5 digits of the post code you then have option of entering the road then the house number.
Hope that clears it up.
cdmackay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently seeing, on market.android.com, logged into my account (so getting the UK data):

£38.22 NAVIGON MobileNavigator Europe

£25.47 NAVIGON MobileNavigator UK

[apols, somehow I also missed a few pages of this thread; odd]
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdmackay wrote:
I'm currently seeing, on market.android.com, logged into my account (so getting the UK data):

£38.22 NAVIGON MobileNavigator Europe

£25.47 NAVIGON MobileNavigator UK

Which seems to be correct, they are the discounted prices.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: