Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Celebrate 2 Million App Users With 50 Percent Off
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Celebrate 2 Million App Users With 50 Percent Off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been reading the Navigon section on the Market, the prices I quoted above are still showing there as well.

Seem to be a lot of 50-50 posts about the App though, also it appears that it can't be moved to SD. A few comments about that and the size of 26MB.
Comments about blurry road names and icons, and copilot is better

Going to give it a miss in light of all that, memory is already a problem for me (35MB left).

Be glad of other peoples experiences if they have it running on a phone.

Cheers, Bob
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory issues aside, the rest of the comments are complete BS. I would take them with a pinch of salt.
peter135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
253 wrote:
Hi zebsogo, that's what I mean though. The market is showing the UK as 25.39 and not 16.
I am after the EU version, but want to make sure I get the discount price - the Shylock in me Laughing

I've no idea what price it used to be in the Android Market? Is that a reduction at all? If not then perhaps Google have yet to update the pricing?

I Have been running a 30 day trial version of the European maps with the cameralert. The cost for version 2.61 was £49. when I tried to buy the activation code last week, Navigon told be I had to now purchase new version 3.5.3 from Android market direct at £76. The uk version was around then £52.
Today
The European version is now on offer at £50.81 and the UK at £25.47. This is a saving of approx £25 on both versions. I have been very impressed with both the Navigon software and the CamerAlert . I have just purchased the Navigon UK software after reading the news on your forum. It comes installed with reality camera and traffic. I assume the traffic updates with become a subscription issue.
Is it possible to get the pocketgps speed camera data base into the navigon maps, or am I asking too much.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
the rest of the comments are complete BS. I would take them with a pinch of salt.

Thanks Darren, rather thought that because there have been quite good reports on here about it.
tested their PNDs and they looked good to me - I know a mobile App may well be different.

Anyway, memory is an issue, Copilot is about 40Mb apparently, has move to SD, but 20Mb stays on the phone.

Going to stay with Google maps and Navigation for the time being, does what I use it for anyway.

Cheers, Bob
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter135 wrote:
Is it possible to get the pocketgps speed camera data base into the navigon maps, or am I asking too much.

Not possible sadly.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free one is a trial of one region for (if I remember) one month only

At £17 the UK one is a worthwhile emergency sat nav for anyone with a compatible phone

As posted, traffic isn't really worth the extra as while it is delivered via data (so coverage is good) the actual traffic seems standard TMC stuff so not of great use to most people most of the time
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Peter 135, I must have been writing my blurb when your post went in, I didn't see it.

Thanks for confirmation on the prices.

Bob
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Traffic is an in-app subscription add-on for MobileNavigator on Android/iPhone.

Can't speak for Windows Mobile as I don't have one.

Laughing Out Loud just when you get all excited about a challenger to ancient TT7 with decent traffic.

While the app looks nicer than my TomTom; it appears to load up all the live traffic systems but it just doesn't display anything.

Alas upon further inspection of the Live Traffic Service for Windows Mobile page on the Navigon website there is an * with the odd news that

*available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, France, Finland, Italy, Luxemburg, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden

How crazy is that? They will happy sell you the service in the UK, price quoted was in £UK but there is no Windows Mobile UK Data for you to use.

TT7 is reprieved yet again :-(
zebsogo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
Darren wrote:
Traffic is an in-app subscription add-on for MobileNavigator on Android/iPhone.

Can't speak for Windows Mobile as I don't have one.

Laughing Out Loud just when you get all excited about a challenger to ancient TT7 with decent traffic.

While the app looks nicer than my TomTom; it appears to load up all the live traffic systems but it just doesn't display anything.

Alas upon further inspection of the Live Traffic Service for Windows Mobile page on the Navigon website there is an * with the odd news that

*available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, France, Finland, Italy, Luxemburg, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden

How crazy is that? They will happy sell you the service in the UK, price quoted was in £UK but there is no Windows Mobile UK Data for you to use.

TT7 is reprieved yet again :-(

Hows is it possible im in the UK my iPhone loads Traffic almost instantly once navigon is loaded. Are you saying that on a windows mobile you can't get the traffic data

st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebsogo wrote:

Hows is it possible im in the UK my iPhone loads Traffic almost instantly once navigon is loaded. Are you saying that on a windows mobile you can't get the traffic data

No Idea?, Traffic is built into the Windows Mobile App, but I had a play with it this afternoon and there is no data.

Then on looking at the windows mobile page specifically for Windows Mobile

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=7497810&produktId=11458928

It clearly states only available in the following countries

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, France, Finland, Italy, Luxemburg, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden

Your guess is as good as mine, but obviously they can supply it to iPhone and Android but but not to Windows Mobile?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
How does this compare to the TomTom app and is the Traffic any good?

it's my nav app of choice. traffic seems good. the app also 'sends floating data' which i believe is a part of their traffic service so other users can benefit if a lot of people are driving slowly on the same road etc.

for £16.99 for UK one you can't go wrong. think that's what i paid for it the other year on a similar short-term offer.

you will need to pay a little bit for full uk postcodes but these are an in-app purchase and will be reduced by 25% so probably £1.49 at moment.

MaFt
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at different Nav apps last night(android). The navigon was £50, now today when I look its £25. So where does this £16.99 come from, or is that the price for the iphone.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
I was looking at different Nav apps last night(android). The navigon was £50, now today when I look its £25. So where does this £16.99 come from, or is that the price for the iphone.

uk version for iphone is currently £16.99. uk 7-digit postcodes are currently £1.19, panarama 3d view currently £5.49, traffic is currently £11.49

not sure if any of these payable extras come bundled with the android version. or maybe they just had a harder time developing for android hence the price difference?

MaFt
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt Very Happy
peter135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Thanks MaFt Very Happy

The lastest uk version3.5.3 of navigon for android is £25.41.
It includes post code search and 3d view as standard.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: