Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please give us more volume!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please give us more volume!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcdunne100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Please give us more volume!!! Reply with quote

My wife and I have both been using Telmap 5 for a while now (on our separate phones). We both think it's a really great product.

Whilst there are always several things that could make it even better, the ONE thing that it really, really needs is greater volume.

Even when we both have the volume on our handsets at Max, it is really hard to hear the instructions.

As for hearing the soft, tinkly warning for speed cameras - well, if you know the camera's coming then you can listen out for it and just about catch-it.

Please please please make it louder (with the ability to turn the volume down, for those that don't have a problem)....

thanks!
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Telmap version do you use and especially on what devices?
Are you up to date with your firmware? There are diffrences between some firmware versions - with some versons a sound is louder and with others the same sound with the same setting is not so loud.

I'm with v5.12.32 on a BlackBerry Bold2 9700 and the first instruction is very loud so that I have to decrease the loudness. Same on my wifes BlackBerry Curve 8900.
mcdunne100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're both using the latest version of Telmap (downloaded again just last week, to ensure this). Wife has HTC Desire (Android 2.1). My Torch is running the latest OS (6.0.....450).

But the volume has been too low on all versions (of Telmap) we've had, on all handset OS's........
LampyDave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to use the 9700 version of Telmap on my Bold 9000 the volume was perfect. It seemed to use the 'Speakerphone' setting and was just right.

On my current Torch 9800 it seems to use the 'Handset' setting for instructions and so is too quiet.

Anyone else think this is what's going on?

Also, I've never known how to alter the volume either on the 9000 or the 9800 version of the program. What should I do to check that I am at the loudest setting?

All the best. Dave.
GuyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Telmap on my bold 9700 with OS6 and volume is fine but my dad has just got a Desire HD and with all sound set to max the volume is still too low he says. is it a case of not utilising the loud speaker in the phone properly?
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the BB 9800 and the volume is way too low now. It appears to have dropped in a recent update for me. Sad

This seams like a bug-bear area on Blackberries for sure as I know when I tried other software there were often complaints.
temporalis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: same Reply with quote

new 9800 and way too low volume here too.

cheers

Neil.
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I upgraded to a BB Torch 9800 - 9700 now is sorted out.

On my old 9700 the volume was a bit to loud, so I decreased the volume after starting Telmap and everything was fine.
Now on my 9800 I know what you mean - the volume is not as loud as on my 9700 but here it is definately loud enough (and my 10 years old car is not very quiet)!
BarracudaBob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently upgraded from a BB 8900 to a 9800. I had no problems with volume on the 8900, but I barely noticed the voice prompts on my 9800. There definitely needs to be an option to control the volume. I can't find one anywhere.
mcdunne100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems no-one at Telmap is interested in our problems, since they can't be bothered to even acknowledge let alone reply to this post.

Thus my wife and I will have to ditch this product and go to a provider where the product is 'fit for purpose'. It doesn't matter if something is free - you're not going to use it if it doesn't actually provide (audible) directions.....
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello McDunne,
Actually we do look at these posts - and this particular topic was well handled by some of our other users who pretty much laid it out correctly. That's one of the great things about a forum - sharing information between users.

The issue of volume is known to us. As you've seen, some users have a problem, others don't. This is something that is both device and firmware dependent.

We don't provide a volume setting within the app since we play the sounds at the maximum volume available to us through the device. As reported, some users actually turn down the device volume.

If you have a BT car kit - that might solve the problem for you, but other than that, unfortunately there's no way to increase the volume.
Hope that helps
Tks
TUGAdmin
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUGAdmin wrote:
The issue of volume is known to us. As you've seen, some users have a problem, others don't. This is something that is both device and firmware dependent. .....

It's not as simple as that. The volume used to be loud. In fact my wife used to complain that it made her jump it was so loud as we were driving along. I used to be able to depend on it to help keep me awake when driving late at night!
Now it is too quiet. In a cheep hire car on the motorway I can't make out the audio prompts anymore.

I'm very sure that the only change between loud and quiet is software. My 9800 has been with me for a while now and I've not changed the firmware version.

I'm more than happy to try going back to the first version for the 9800 and see if the volume improves if it helps to analyze what is going on.
mcdunne100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG Admin - thanks for at last acknowledging my post (and the problem).

As stated above, your answer is not correct. My wife and I both use other Sat-nav applications (we have no choice now, because Telmap is useless when you can't hear it) and we have NO problems with volume. In fact, the one I currently use isn't even at Max volume, and it's almost too loud. (And, I'm driving a BMW 3 series, so we're not talking about a cheap, noisy vehicle).

So, there is no doubt that the volume is NOT restricted by the handset - over to you and your software developers.......!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: