Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market Reply with quote

We have just released build 358 of the CamerAlert for Android application to the Android Market.

Changes in this release include:
    Fixed Average bug when GPS is switched off or lost in an Average Zone.
    Added the Google Apps to the auto-start list
    Enabled coarse GPS for devices like the Samsung Galaxy Spica (otherwise it doesn't seem to get a fine GPS fix)
    Improved synchronisation between visual and audible warnings

Last edited by MikeB on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being new to Andriod, do we have to uninstall the current version first or just download and install the new version over it.

Thanks.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Being new to Andriod, do we have to uninstall the current version first or just download and install the new version over it..

If you are still running a beta version then uninstall CamerAlert first and then buy it from Market.

If you have already installed (and bought) CamerAlert by Market, then just go to Market, touch "My apps" to see your downloaded apps, and you should see that CamerAlert has an update. Touch CamerAlert and let it install and overwrite your existing version.

Don't forget to update your database as well, as it is updated as soon as MaFt updates the Master Database.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
ArchiGent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Could you please confirm that this release has fixed the issue of not being able to cancel SPECs average speed warnings (when the last camera doesn't register as last camera for whatever reason) when Cameralert is running in the background no matter how many times you tap the warning speed symbol (HTC Desire). This happened to me on Wednesday travelling from Abingdon to Sheffield when the warning symbol and noise meant my navigation app was totally obscured and useless until I stopped and restarted everything. I think it was probably the 50mph section on M42 but it is being able to cancel the average speed warnings by tapping the symbol that is important to have as despite best efforts the database is not always 100%

Thanks
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
If you have already installed (and bought) CamerAlert by Market, then just go to Market, touch "My apps" to see your downloaded apps, and you should see that CamerAlert has an update. Touch CamerAlert and let it install and overwrite your existing version.

Don't forget to update your database as well, as it is updated as soon as MaFt updates the Master Database.Regards,

Thank you Privateer.

Yes I have the bought version, will follow your instructions Very Happy
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
We have just released build 358 of the CamerAlert for Android application to the Android Market.

Changes in this release include:
    Fixed Average bug when GPS is switched off or lost in an Average Zone.
    Added the Google Apps to the auto-start list
    Enabled coarse GPS for devices like the Samsung Galaxy Spica (otherwise it doesn't seem to get a fine GPS fix)
    Improved synchronisation between visual and audible warnings

Obviously I must have slept through v353, 354, 355, 356, and 357 ;-) Smile

Well done gentlemen. Nice one. Certainly makes the "start app" list long, but at the end of the day, it's really just a ONCE touch for the relevant app, then no need to return to it.

Well done guys, keep up the good work :-)

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:

Were you sleeping when we released those???

Actually these are build numbers of course we will be making changes and testing and adding more changes thus the build numbers will not always be sequential.
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert build 358 available in Android Market Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
kevinx wrote:

Were you sleeping when we released those???

Actually these are build numbers of course we will be making changes and testing and adding more changes thus the build numbers will not always be sequential.

(Cheeky! Confused )

I think I MAY have dozed off between 353 and 356, but I guess 357 is still bouncing around after falling out of your server!! These removal agents must take more care.. Cool

Cheers Mike
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: