Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Enhancement requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wibbly wrote:

So is a 'good' usage model to switch GPS on and off (via Tasker or Llama) under certain conditions to enable/disable CA, and CA will not consume power etc when the GPS is OFF?

correct.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
wibbly wrote:

So is a 'good' usage model to switch GPS on and off (via Tasker or Llama) under certain conditions to enable/disable CA, and CA will not consume power etc when the GPS is OFF?

correct.

Does CA also automatically exit under certain conditions

- After a certain time (?) with no GPS lock (assuming GPS is enabled)?
- After a certain time (?) with no movement detected (0 mph, assuming GPS enabled)?
- Some combination of the above?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're exiting 10 minutes after the last GPS update that resulted in more than 2 metres movement UNLESS you are looking at the CamerAlert main screen at that time.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Assuming that I have set mine up correctly, the only thing I would like to see in this App is a massive camera logo, (like the ones you use to distinguish different cameras.) when I'm about to hit the camera. I always have it running in the background of CP8 and I get the Red 'toasty (?) thing pop up for a couple of seconds , but then what ? It says , if I'm quick enough to see it that it may be 3/4/500 yards away, but that's pretty difficult to measure at 60 or so mph. I quite like the massive 30mph thing that comes up when I'm over the limit, I'd also like to see a big camera, otherwise I'm not so sure that it's a really worthwhile invetsment....(and I don't have the spoken word turned on.)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
Assuming that I have set mine up correctly
You have settings for how long - seconds - warning to give. You don't need to know how far away it is, just that it's xx seconds away. The distance will vary according to speed, but the time will always be whatever you have set yourself.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks. I suppose I've been spoilt with the original warnings running on an old Windows device.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of points that may have been mentioned before but can't find them.

1. On my Galaxy Ace2, the PGPSW icon turns blue even when the GPS is off lulling you into a false sense of security that the GPS is on and locked. (I assume that it's using other location services.) I wonder if it could have three states: Red for no Location as at present, a different colour for location OK but no GPS and Blue for GPS on with a good lock.

2. When toggling the location button, (bottom left) it pops up a warning if the GPS is disabled. Would it be possible to have it to have a 'Show location settings' button like Google Navigate that takes you directly to turn on the GPS rather than either multiple taps, or a down drag of the status bar and a tap. Perhaps even jump to the correct settings page automatically if the device has a built in GPS.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 : We're at the mercy of the operating system here. They tell us they have a fix when in fact they haven't. No fool proof way for us to be 100% sure the fix is good.

#2 : added to the list.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feature request: Accident blackspot warning

It would be great if there was an option to add warnings of accident blackspots as well. This would work very similar to a speed camera warning and would be extremely useful as it would raise the driver's alertness level for what could be a complex junction, tight bends etc where there are an unusually high number of accidents.
alistairwat50n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Feature Request Speed recorder Reply with quote

Having recently been "Flashed" (in Sconny Bottland) where I was pretty sure I was not exceeding the 60mph limit (I think the camera might have been triggered by cars going in the opposite direction) I'm still waiting for a NIP to appear (4 more days to go) I would have felt much more comfortable if I had a record of my speed. I've seen a number of apps about which would provide this info but life would be so much simpler if driving concerns could be addressed by one app. With camera alert running in the background and Google Navigation getting me there all would be well in the world.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enable track recording you get your speed profile as a bonus data point.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
alistairwat50n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

I understand that but its not very user friendly, recovery & display seem to be a bit of a faff and I gather it requires accessing other software.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alistairwat50n wrote:
lbendlin wrote:

I understand that but its not very user friendly, recovery & display seem to be a bit of a faff and I gather it requires accessing other software.

Displaying GPS tracks isn't a particularly simple task so it makes sense to import them to a site that already does it. Personally I don't see the need to create a mini version of a site like this within the app - reinventing the wheel and all that.

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alistairwat50n wrote:
But despite the faff, just how often do you intent to be not sure that you were flashed or not and need a track/speed log to confirm it.
I remember not so long ago that someone tried to frig the TT data to prove he wasn't speeding. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that there was an hour difference between GMT and BST. Can I have the light on please corporal?
alistairwat50n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognise that what I suggest is an extension of what is a very good app aimed at a particular narrowly defined function, however the present app already records and stores the raw data. The ability to retain track data for a user defined period in a form that does not gobble up too much space, the presentation of speed in a graphic form against a map or time in a graph would be very good. In case of need it aught to be simple for non technical users to pass on the record to the police in an easily readable form, confident it has not been fiddled with.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: