Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 4310 to 4350 Problem with Navigon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

4310 to 4350 Problem with Navigon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: 4310 to 4350 Problem with Navigon Reply with quote

Last Sunday the USB socket on my 4310 developed a fault.

Next day I called into the local Halfords (where I bought it in Dec 2009) and they confirmed it was broken but said that since it was out of Navigon's 12 month warranty I would have to pay for any repair.

I pointed out to them that under EU regulations the supplier (Halfords) was responsible for fixing any problems for 2 years from the date of purchase. They said the store was not authorised to deal with anything outside the 12 month warranty period but gave me Halfords Customer Service number to contact.

I rang Customer Services (SayNo has the number) and they didn't dispute the 2 year responsibility. They contacted the store (and also Navigon) and rang me back about an hour later to say I could collect a replacement unit from the store.
The store didn't have a 4310 but said I could pick any Sat-Nav up to the original purchase price (£140) so I chose the 4350 (currently £90) and they threw in a free carry case because of the price difference.
Needless to say I am very pleased with Halfords speedy response to the problem.

I then contacted Navigon to get all my software (2 years Maps, Michelin Red Guide, etc) transferred from my dead 4310 to the replacement 4350. All went well except that they said that as the (included) 12 month Speed Cameras expired in Dec 2010 I couldn't transfer it to the new unit.
I accepted this at the time but then realised that if my 4310 hadn't broken I would still have the (month out of date) Speed Cameras available to me. I have pointed this fact out to Navigon UK Support but can't get them to budge. I have told them I want to make a formal complaint to the Complaints Department and have asked for contact details.

I don't hold out much hope of them doing anything so have tried to post to Navigon Facebook but can't seem to be able to start a new topic (although I can comment on existing posts).

Later: Have now posted a new topic on Navigon Facebook Discussion under "4310 to 4350 Woes" and also emailed to facebook@navigon.com.

Monday & Tuesday: Added new topics on Navigon Facebook Discussion under "Valentine Promise" and "4350 Forsaken". I had been intending to post a new topic every day for a week until they were so off they would have to do something about it!
Don't know whether this approach worked or not but a Speed Camera download was finally made available on Wednesday 16th.
As I half expected this is of the current (January) file.

I hope you have found this report interesting! As I have the PGPS Speed Cameras running under POI-Warner I was not too bothered one way or the other but I felt Navigon should restore the replacement 4350 to my 4310 state.

Last edited by C1man on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted post due to posing in wrong area - Mod please remove

Last edited by lads2000 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted post due to posing in wrong area - Mod please remove
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 4310 to 4350 Problem with Navigon Reply with quote

Resolved - see edited original post.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: