Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 1490T / 1490TV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 1490T / 1490TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 1490T / 1490TV Reply with quote

Any one else using one of these units on a regular basis ?
I am finding that the Blue tooth pairing works but it is not loading my contacts from my mobile as it should,in addition to the call records,I have contacted Garmin twice the first reply from them was to make sure the Garmin firmware and software was up to date [it is] and that my mobile [Blackberry 9105] software was up to date [it is].but still nothing happened the second reply from Garmin told me to do a full reset which I did,and the phone book transfered in addition to the call records,the next time I used the Garmin the call records transfered but not the phone book!,the next time I used it nothing at all happened ,then last night after being switched on for 90 mins it all of a sudden transfered the phone book and call records,
I have been on the Garmin forum site and it seems to be a problem, which Garmin are not reconising.
Not much use if you have to do a full reset each and every time you go to use it,
I think that I am going to have to stick with the TomTomwhen I go to work so I know I have my customer phone No,s easy to hand.

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Nuvi 1490T / 1490TV Reply with quote

SQUARE2024 wrote:
Any one else using one of these units on a regular basis ?.

Take it thats a no then ?

TomTom 520
phillik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1490T at one point showed the address book from my work's nasty 2330 Nokia. It did not from my HTC. It stopped showing the Nokia directory after I paired it with my HTC.

As it died on v5 update it shows this is a bit iffy device. Shame, My i3 was good but too small, I also have a Garmin marine GPS and a sonar unit which work very well. The 1490T is starting to put me off.
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even doing the full reset does not make the varius functions work seems to be hit and miss,also screen freezes a lot when adjust the volume.do not think i would recomend buying one.

TomTom 520

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: