Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - argos receipt number for map update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

argos receipt number for map update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prague
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, just to join in this thread to say I have had similar problems with an Argos bought 475 and rejected serial number. I have emailed Mio support asking for assistance. I will let you know when/if I get a reply.
It makes me wonder whether these people actually want to sell any as the obscure way in which you have to do things and the trouble in even identifying the right web page for registration (be careful, read the small print - if you use the 'wrong' web page you do not get registered for your free updates) is a disgrace. They damn well know what they are putting out in the market place and this 2 year free update has been offered for more than 6 months now - ample time to get it sorted. This raises another point, again from the small print, it seems to say that the free updates are for 2 years from June 2010 and not 2 years from when you bought it which is what people expect from Argos advert. Trouble is we won't know until we don't get it! I will probably take this up with argos.
Finally on the mysterious rejected serial number - I always thought a serial number was a unique thing to identify a particular unit, whether a fridge or a satnav, so it might surprise you to know that the serial numbers on all the 475's I have looked at are the same! Perhaps you could check yours, mine is BXT06M07555. The font size on the sticker is tiny and even with a magnifying glass it is impossible to tell whether the 4th and 7th digits are zeros or the letter O . Do the tossers do this deliberately? To be honest I wish I had just kept mainstream and got another Garmin, and if I can't get any satisfaction from them that is probably what I will do.
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Prague, If you are having problems then I would contact Mio/Navman Support with all your details so they can register on the correct site for you.
then ask them for confirmation of registration for the offer.

Easy.
Also I know where I work that only certain serial number are eligible for the offeres to stop people who buy else where seeing the link on public forums registering when they do not qualify. As with anything some errors can occur so contact the company first and see what they say before calling them 'Tossers' on public forums, Normally if you call them a then ask for help they are less inclunde to do so. Just my opinion
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I hate it when the mix alpha and numeric data in a serial number.

Gadget makers, stick to one or the other.

On the box of the device it also has the serial number with slashed zeroes and the bar-code of the serial number.

Lastly, I see the 575 is back up to £130.00 at Amazon.

HummerUK
prague
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Aye Cap'n, I note your comment about calling them nasty names, BUT, I am having no luck in getting any sense out of them on the phone and they do not reply to emails. Also I am not alone in suffering this poor service from them, there are dozens of posts around about this but I have yet to see one from someone who has had it sorted. So perhaps if they, and you it seems, object to a little honest frustration, maybe they should think about their customers once in a while. Even a page on their website acknowledging the issue and providing help, or a flyer in the box? Not a chance, so you are left to grope around the net and forums like this to try and find out how to use the thing you have just spent your hard money on.
If you think that this is what we should expect, I suggest you raise your sights a bit.
Argos on the other hand have always been very good, responsive and reasonable as far as I am concerned.
Oh, and just for a bit of balance, subject to a few things I will talk about sometime, I think the 475 is a very nice unit at a good price.
prague
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
I must admit I hate it when the mix alpha and numeric data in a serial number.

Gadget makers, stick to one or the other.

On the box of the device it also has the serial number with slashed zeroes and the bar-code of the serial number.

Lastly, I see the 575 is back up to £130.00 at Amazon.

HummerUK

I did look on the box but didn't see it, will look again but slashed zeros should really be par for the course.
Yes, I noticed that at Amazon
prague
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote

HummerUK[/quote]

Yes, you are quite right it is on there as well

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: