Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Comes To Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Comes To Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood -- and thanks for your attention to the problem!
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
i will try test this later today if i get chance.

'hellybob' and 'LittleDuceCoupe' - does it give the 'All Clear' sound and carry on alerting for overspeed? or does it not even give the All Clear?

MaFt

I tested this again on my normal commute home and it didn't give me the "all clear" message. It just started saying 40 all the time as before.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thread is filling up with comments and queries, can I ask that anyone with issues or questions on operation checks for an existing thread first and if none exists, start a new thread.

This thread is for discussion of the launch only and posting queries here risks them getting lost in the general chat.
PGA_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Cameralert with Google Navigation Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to add a few comments re: using Cameralert with Google navigation

I have tried a few speed camera apps to run along side Google navigation and most work ok, but typical problems of false positives or Ghost Cameras, etc. Whilst some of these issues can be resolved by finding a more uptodate database, the warning systems are no where near as good as Cameralert.

If you are looking for a Camera Alert system to work with Google Navigation then choose this - it works!. It can be left running in back ground with Google Navigation in foreground and if early warnings are set to show, the Camealert displays a big speed limit sign over the top of google Navigation - works really well.

Some people have commented that it is expensive because on top of the £0.59p, there is a subscription (£19.99) available to keep the database up-to-date. You do not have to subscribe - when you buy this you get the most up-to-date camera database free of charge at the time of purchase. Sure, if you are fanatical about keeping the database up-to-date you could subscribe, but my own experience of using Tomtom / Pocket GPS World for a number of years, I have not come across any new Cameras.

Also, I haven't checked, but you use to be able to pay a one-off fee of £2.99 for a single database update (Pocket GPS -please confirm), which you could do from time to time before any big trips ,etc

Bottom line - if you are looking for something that works well alongside google navigation, with a good reliable database - buy this - it is good!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: