Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tripmaster v3.0, compliant with v8.x and v9.x, is available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tripmaster v3.0, compliant with v8.x and v9.x, is available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Tripmaster v3.0, compliant with v8.x and v9.x, is available Reply with quote

Hello,

Tripmaster v3.0 is available for download here :
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php

This version is compliant with Tomtom v8.x and v9x navcores. It doesn't bring any other new features, except this compliance.

To make it work on v8.x or v9.x, you need to download and install the file provided here :
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/hook.php

Last edited by roussillat on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonsoir roussillat,
Thanks somuch for the patch. I have downloaded both version 2.5 and the extra files and they installed without a problem on my 520.

Will test and post back if there are any issues.

Cheers Thumbs Up
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much roussillat for sorting out so quickly the problem between Tripmaster and TomTom v8.350 Navcore. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have just installed v2.5 on my 730T and it is all there and I can't wait to get out and give it a try.

Thanks again !!!!
roussillat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Another good news : Height and Tripmaster can live together on the same Tomtom, although they both use a "ttn" file.

You just need to install both plugins and modify the line LD_PRELOAD in the ttn file I'm providing (not Height's ttn) as follows :
Code:

LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/sdcard/Height/height.so:/mnt/sdcard/plugins_hook/plugins_hook.so ttn

Then, you'll get height display, except when Tripmaster is in foreground.

PS: the ttn file edition must be done with an editor that maintains the Unix format of the file, like UltraEdit or Vi.
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roussillat wrote:
Hello,

Another good news : Height and Tripmaster can live together on the same Tomtom, although they both use a "ttn" file.

You just need to install both plugins and modify the line LD_PRELOAD in the ttn file I'm providing (not Height's ttn) as follows :
Code:

LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/sdcard/Height/height.so:/mnt/sdcard/plugins_hook/plugins_hook.so ttn

PS: the ttn file edition must be done with an editor that maintains the Unix format of the file, like UltraEdit or Vi.

Roussillat , I have never heard of Height.
What is it and what does it do ?
Where do I get it from ?

I LOVE applications that I can put on my 730T. Very Happy

Last edited by keithjeffrey on Sat May 16, 2009 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Sean16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you no after doing a round trip from Portsmouth to Gatwick Airport tripmaster v2.5 worked fine without any problems to report Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithjeffrey wrote:
What is it and what does sit do ?
Where do I get it from ?

It displays your GPS height on the nav screen, you can get it from "Joghurts" web site by clicking Here - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithjeffrey wrote:

Roussillat , I have never heard of Height.
What is it and what does it do ?
Where do I get it from ?

I LOVE applications that I can put on my 730T. Very Happy

I did a list of just about all the third-party add-on programs for TomToms.. it's in a "sticky" topic HERE
The only problem being that some of them only worked with v7 software and because of the same problem Rousillat has had, some of them that did work with v8, stopped working with v8.350.

If there are any add-ons that you (or anyone!) find definitely do or don't work, then post your results in that topic and I'll edit the list with the new info.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody managed to get Tripmaster and Height working at the same time using NavCore v8.351, v8.392 or v9.xxx? For me, on my 730 with everything (maps and NavCore) running on the SDHC card, I can use Tripmaster v3.1 Ok on its own OR I can use Height Ok on its own but when I try to run them both together the TT screen flashes uncontrollably between the Tripmaster window and TT´s "Driving View" window.

As roussillat suggests above, I have configured HIS ttn file using "Vim" and "gEdit" with Linux and by using "UltraEdit" on WindowsVista but nothing stops the flashing screens.

My only thought is that the reference to "sdcard" in the ttn file refers to the path to the internal memory and I should change this for the path to the SDHC card. But it is strange why they should both work independently with this path!. I have just remembered that Andy_P wrote something recently which included this information regarding icons, I´ll do a search for it. Meanwhile, if anybody could post any suggestions on what I am doing wrong, I would be very grateful.

Regards.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
JohnKing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: I have same issues with height and tripmaster working Reply with quote

I have followed all instructions regarding height and tripmaster v3.1 working together, but nothing works. I can have height working properly with height's ttn file. I can have tripmaster working properly (no flashing) with its ttn file. But I cannot get them to work together. I have tried to edit tripmaster's ttn file as suggested but if I do, my tomtom wont boot. My height ttn file is very different from tripmasters but my version numbers are the same.

If anyone has a solution - maybe a new ttn file with will work with both - please post details here so that we can all enjoy both programs working together.

On another note - has anyone had success with logpos working with v9.xxx ??

John King
jetking@gmail.com
JohnKing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: I cant get height and tripmaster to run together Reply with quote

I have just spent all day on trying to modify my ttn file to reflect suggestions. However, my height ttn file is very different from what others seem to have. It has information about folder names etc and does not want to exist with tripmaster one

If anyone has any suggestions regarding this please let me know as I am getting soooooo frustrated with it all

My height ttn file is :-

FOUND=0
for BASEDIR in /mnt/*; do
[ -f "$BASEDIR"/ttninit/bin/ttninit ] && FOUND=1 break
done

([ $FOUND = 1 ] && "$BASEDIR"/ttninit/bin/ttninit "$BASEDIR") || (sync && reboot)

I just dont know where to go from here

Thanks in advance if anyone can help at all

John
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: I cant get height and tripmaster to run together Reply with quote

JohnKing wrote:
.........my height ttn file is very different from what others seem to have.........
My height ttn file is :-

FOUND=0
for BASEDIR in /mnt/*; do
[ -f "$BASEDIR"/ttninit/bin/ttninit ] && FOUND=1 break
done

([ $FOUND = 1 ] && "$BASEDIR"/ttninit/bin/ttninit "$BASEDIR") || (sync && reboot) .......
Hi JohnKing, you are right, the two ttn files are very different; it is strange how roussillat has been able to substitute all the information in the Height ttn file for a half line addition to the TripMaster ttn file - but I'm not going to argue with him! Confused

Out of curiosity, where are your files kept? I have everything (Navcore, Maps, TripMaster & Height) on an external SDHC card with absolutely nothing on the Internal Memory. I think I can recall some instructions somewhere that the files should be placed in Root but I took that as a generic statement not to place any files in a Folder.

I found Andy_Pś post I was looking for but it did not shine any light on our "challenge".

Like you, I shall be trying to solve this until it is sorted so please pass on any breakthroughs you have, I shall do likewise. Regards.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I cant get height and tripmaster to run together Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
I found Andy_Pś post I was looking for but it did not shine any light on our "challenge".

Like you, I shall be trying to solve this until it is sorted so please pass on any breakthroughs you have, I shall do likewise. Regards.

So Roussillat at www.webazar.org/tomtom/hook.php?lang=uk has us believe that:-

Quote:

You just need to install both plugins and this program and modify the line LD_PRELOAD in the ttn file I'm providing (not Height's ttn) as follows :

But when you come to try and install them both on your device you find that Height and Tripmaster are installed in to completely separate directories with their own file names except that they both have a ttn file with the same name that is meant to go in the root directory of the TomTom device. And the content of the two ttn files is completely different.

But is Roussillat really saying that none of the content of Joghurts ttn file is needed or is he saying that the two must be combined in to one ttn file? As far as I can see you can only have one ttn file in the root directory of your TomTom device.

At the moment I find Height is not shown as a program on page 4 of my 940s main menu (the one for add on applications like Tripmaster OffRoad Navigator and Statnav that I also have installed) but the Height display briefly appears on boot up on the map screen before then disappearing for good.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what ttn file or ttn files actually need to be installed on the TomTom to get the two programs working together?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you'll get a reply sooner or later by the author, either here or to the post you made at TTF.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now deinstalled Tripmaster 3.1 and Off Road Navigator 3.0 and reinstalled the latest version of Height 17 (using the auto installer on Joghurts website at http://gps.dg4sfw.de/) and it is working fine on my TomTom 940 with Navcore 9.058

I never did use Off Road Navigator and Tripmaster was also of limited use because it could only be run without being able to Navigate in the normal TomTom maps. Height on the other hand just adds functionality in the normal TomTom navigation screens and this on the whole seems more useful if one can't have both programs installed on a TomTom satnav at the same time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: