Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Install Problem - BB9800 Torch/Telmap5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Install Problem - BB9800 Torch/Telmap5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colin2301
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Install Problem - BB9800 Torch/Telmap5 Reply with quote

Hi,

While I'm able to download and install the Telmap5 software when it runs it freezes on the Disclaimer page and I'm unable to scroll down to where I presume the accept/decline options are?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled via the BB apps management option numerous times but the problem persists.

For info my mobile provider is Vodafone UK, I have BB Maps installed and functioning and my BB firmware is v6.0.0.246

Would appreciate ANY help at all, thanks

Colin
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to push the BB-Button (left to the trackpad)? Try this one and then you should be able to choose accept/decline with the trackpad!
colin2301
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and many thanks for your reply.

I've done as you suggest and push the BB-Button (with BB logo on) to the left of the trackball but the only available options are Switch Application and Close?

Would appreciate any help you might be able to give, I'm determined not to give up! Smile

Regards

Colin
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to re-install Telmap?
In this thread the BB menu key gave the option to accept/decline - I don't know why it's not working for you an I can't test it because I don't have a Torch!
SyBorg, Admin any ideas?
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right fpeedy for me it was an option when clicking on that button on my 9800.
I'll try removing and re-adding it to confirm.
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so my memory is bad then.
I've removed and reinstalled Telmap on my 9800. At the Disclaimer page I have "Accept" and "Decline" buttons in a bar at the bottom of the screen that does not move as you scroll the disclaimer text. Tapping the accept button it moves forward to ask for activation code.

My memory of the BB menu accept must have been from either my 8900 or from installing the 9700 version on my 9800, sorry. Sad

So Colin, if you don't have those buttons clearly at the bottom of the screen, I've got no idea what's wrong.
colin2301
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved!

First up thank you both for your suggested ways of overcoming the apparent problem I've been experiencing.

Believe me I'm VERY embarrassed to have to say this but as there's at least some small chance that someone will have the same 'problem' and in the interests of future product development here goes......

I upgraded to the 9800 from a 9700, which as I'm sure you're aware doesn't have a touch screen.... what I failed to upgrade was the my own navigation technique and continued to move track ball around in order to navigate and pressing the track ball to 'enter'.

So, what I'd been doing was.... attempting to navigate down to the Accept option using the track ball instead of simply using the touch screen Embarassed

Needless to say everything's now up and running and I'm mightily impressed, the programme wasn't able to locate a suitable hole for me to ashamedly bury myself in but it did get me home from the pub where I'd gone to seek solace and drown my sorrows.

Apologies once more but as my Mum always says 'honesty is the best policy'.

Colin
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Easily done Colin. I've had several similar experiences after years of trackball BB's. Glad it's fixed and well done for the honesty!
chelseamuffin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Disclaimer frustration Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a happy Telmap user with a Blackberry Bold 9000. Said phone died, sadly. Whilst I am waiting, hopefully, on an insurance claim for new phone, I am using old Blackberry 8700. I have downloaded TelMap 5 for BB9300 onto the 8700. Opens OK but I get stuck on disclaimer page without being able to accept or decline as in previous posts. BB Menu button does not bring anything up. Can't scroll down to buttons at the bottom either. I know I am using an old phone, but I am sure we should be able to get this to work. I have a Bluetooth GPS puck that works fine with the 8700. Any help greatly appreciated.
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said before your device ist very old.
I don't think you get Telmap working on a 8700, sorry!
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - if any current version of Telmap works on the BB 8700 - it's a fluke and I wouldn't count on it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: