Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Woman Caught Speeding 8 Times on Same Road
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman Caught Speeding 8 Times on Same Road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Woman Caught Speeding 8 Times on Same Road Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comThe Welwyn Hatfield Times has reported that a woman has been ticketed for speeding on the same road... eight times.

Monika Lukasik-Krol was caught repeatedly breaking the speed limit on Broadwater Road, Welwyn Garden City by the same speed camera. The 35 year old, originally from Poland, was found speeding at 40-45 mph on different dates between 15th May and 9th August, 2010 on a 30 mph stretch of road.

St Albans magistrates asked what were her reasons for speeding. She was simple in her reply saying that the road was 'quite big'.

It remains a mystery as to what precisely enticed her to speed 8 times on the same "big" road, presumably she was oblivious as to what speed cameras actually were for.

Despite the offender's subsequent tears, the court suspended her licence for nine months and fined her £340.
Radeon12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 is far to slow on that road anyway. Should be 50.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having caught several buses towards Welwyn in the last year which were driven by Poles (or people from a similar background), this was clearly not our driver - they all seem to drive at 50+ and do emergency stops wherever waiting boarders are brave enough to leap into the road, as I did - but then at my age I might as well go out with a bang than a whimper Cool

And as for
Quote:
No it isn't for foreign drivers, especially when they come at me the wrong side of the road at a roundabout in Hatfield Twisted Evil
yeramihi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Having caught several buses towards Welwyn in the last year which were driven by Poles (or people from a similar background), this was clearly not our driver - they all seem to drive at 50+ and do emergency stops wherever waiting boarders are brave enough to leap into the road, as I did - but then at my age I might as well go out with a bang than a whimper Cool

And as for
Quote:
No it isn't for foreign drivers, especially when they come at me the wrong side of the road at a roundabout in Hatfield Twisted Evil

I'm from Poland and find it a little bit sad that you think that way about foreign drivers. If you have find several bus drivers speeding on that road and driving recklessly why you haven't notified authorities about them? If they speed @ 50+ and do emergency stops on every bus stop certainly they should loose their driving license regardless of theirs origins, shouldn't they? Same role should apply to someone driving on the wrong side of the road...

So to:
Quote:
No it isn't for foreign drivers,
you should say that it isn't for stupid driver. I've seen many English drivers being completely out of their mind on the road, including driving on the wrong side of the road. One was arguing with me that the street I live on is not one way when he attempted to drive wrong way!
Forrest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@yeramihi

I agree, there are some bad drivers in the UK, over the course of driving over 1,000,000 kms I have seen most of them (including someone going the wrong way around a roundabout).

These days I ride a motorbike and I can see the idiots coming.

Even then I would state without a moments hesitation that driving in the UK is far better than driving in Warsaw.

I will not drive a car in Warsaw never mind a motorbike.

Pulawska appears to be a slalom course rather than a series of lanes.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yeremihi - totally agree with all your points and apologies if any offence caused by my remarks, made mainly tongue in cheek, based on my anecdotal experience and the actual content of the story. The driver who came at me on the wrong side DID wave to me to acknowledge his mistake.

Yes, we all do silly things at times, it's just that certain situations and stereotypes get stuck in your mind over the years - while many Mercedes drivers are perfectly safe and polite, I still suffer from an instinctive urge to take cautionary action when I find myself near one (Whoops, there I go again Embarassed - only joking, all you Merc drivers)!

I also drive on the continent most years and admit I have occasionally lost my right/left bearings; even more unsettling is when the doubt suddenly hits me when I arrive 'safely' back in England after the hols, in spite of trying to concentrate hard.

Cheers! ??
sbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeramihi wrote:

I'm from Poland and find it a little bit sad that you think that way about foreign drivers.

I wouldn't single out drivers from a particular country but in NE Scotland a significant number of the names of the Drivers reported in the local press for Speeding or DUI seem to of Eastern European origin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: