Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Foot prints in the snow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot prints in the snow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Foot prints in the snow Reply with quote

With this snow i can clearly see the amount of people who walk across my front garden and cut the corner off,more often than not it is the young children being walked to school and their caring mothers who do not say a thing to them,Might have to go and play in thier front gardens with my grandchildren.

"mr grumpy" Gun Shoot Out

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, how annoying. something i always make sure i don't do as it's something that would annoy me!

our house backs onto a big field that gets used by dog-walkers (don't get me started on the poo!) and a woman once started walking through our gate with 2 dogs. I asked if I could help her with anything and she just said "no, it's muddy on the field so i'm just using your path to get back to my car"!!!

i'll not repeat what i felt like saying but i was relatively polite and told her to get lost and to 'get offa moi laaaand'

MaFt
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents were on a corner and had people walking across just the same. We planted knee-height flowers etc round the border to try to give a hint to the bin men.

Even a small fence or railing may do the trick. A couple of thorny plants may be even better. Twisted Evil

Gerry
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
A couple of thorny plants may be even better.
Mahonia is great for that. Shocked

They look good too. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil I planted some very nasty very prickly bushes a couple of years ago,they tend to jump over them !,a brick wall with a broken glass topping might be an idea Laughing
cannot understand why the mothers do not say anything I bet they would if it was me in thier front garden,we are not talking about a housing estate but a road with 4 bed det houses.
Modern way of life is'nt it ?,no respect for other peoples property.

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our former disgusting neighbour's kids used to play football up against my lovely perfectly trimmed box hedge and eventually destroyed it by pushing each other into it. I ripped it out and replaced it with Pyracantha (Firethorn), a tip I got from a gardener neighbour who had the same problem as you - kids, paper boys/girls, milkman and postman. Evergreen, masses of beautiful pretty berries and mega prickly. If you use barbed wire, broken glass or any other apparent deterrent, you'll get seen off by the do-gooders, but not with this hedge.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
angeleyes101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No snow here yet and that's not a complaint Laughing Out Loud
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Our former disgusting neighbour's kids used to play football up against my lovely perfectly trimmed box hedge and eventually destroyed it by pushing each other into it. I ripped it out and replaced it with Pyracantha (Firethorn), a tip I got from a gardener neighbour who had the same problem as you - kids, paper boys/girls, milkman and postman. Evergreen, masses of beautiful pretty berries and mega prickly. If you use barbed wire, broken glass or any other apparent deterrent, you'll get seen off by the do-gooders, but not with this hedge.

Our old neighbour planted this in the hedge between our houses and it was the Bain of my life. I dreaded trimming it every year as I never found a set of "thorn proof" gloves that would stop it. Sharp is not the word. I've even had it go through a trainer into my foot (just) and the burning sensation is like nothing I've felt before. Think rubbing chilli powder and salt in to a paper cut and you are nowhere near close. The slightest nick burns for ages too.

Highly recommended! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: