Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO930- Are these problems related?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO930- Are these problems related?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: TT GO930- Are these problems related? Reply with quote

I am the proud ( Rolling Eyes ) owner of a TTG930 that is about 2 1/2 years old.

For a while now the battery has been goosed, it won't survive more than a couple of minutes not connected to the car charger. I am now considering having a replacement battery fitted at www.satnavrepairservice.com for £24.99.

Also for a while now, even when connected to the car charger (the green light remains on so the unit is charging) the unit crashes and then goes through a reboot process. Sometimes, not always, the reboot loses the current destination and reverts to the previous destination. It can be a bit irksome having to re-enter the current destination.

So my question is, is it likely that replacing the battery will resolve the 'crashing' problem, or is it a separate issue. If so if I will need to restore my TT software I guess, which leads me onto another problem! I have only have a TT backup since the crashing problem has started, so if it is a config issue, a restore will surely only instal the same issues?

Many thanks for any help and guidance!!
Tom Tom US-Canada

Now using Waze as primary GPS.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need the Western_Europe and North American map folders from the backup, all the other data files/ folders can be downloaded for free and installed to the device, to be honest I would consider putting everything on to either an 8GB or 16GB Class 6 SDHC card and put that in the unit rather than use the built in memory which could be showing early signs of failure (crashing/ reboots/ lost destination etc) - Mike
lostinuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, many thanks for your prompt response.

Is there an idiot's guide anywhere on how to do this please?
Tom Tom US-Canada

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Windows Explorer to copy the Western_Europe and North_America map folders to your PC, later tonight I will post up a set of instructions as to what to do to install everything else from scratch, might make it easier if you also locate, download and install a copy of WinRar which is my prefered PC application to expand and install downloads from the TomTom server - Mike
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im taking your advice and moving everything onto my 8gb sd card as ive had 3 random freeze/crash/reboot and am thinking it could be the internal drive on my referb 4 month old 930. it doesnt like holding a battery charge so always use it connected to ciggy lighter.

sorry to hijack the post but also it wont dim at night with auto dim or manual change it just stays on full brightness.
any ideas gurus of knowledge Wink
lostinuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Appreciate you are busy, but did you get a chance to post up the instructions above? I can't seem to find them, so can you give me a link please?

Many thanks!
Tom Tom US-Canada

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are using a memory card and a card reader plug it in to the computer and make sure you identify the drive letter associated with the card by viewing Windows Explorer, at this point copy your map folders from the backup to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

Next you need the latest Navcore software for the card, click Here to download the 8,351 version (currently the latest). Once this is saved to the PC use WinRar to extract the files and folders contained in the download to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

Next is a couple of Text To Speech voices, again download from the linked text and store the download on your computer. Use WinRar to extract the files/ folders to the "LoquendoTTS" folder which you will find on the drive letter associated with the SD card:

British Kate Voice
British Simon Voice

For the latest PostCode data click Here and extract the download to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

For the next step use Windows Explorer to create a series of new folders in the root of the SD card, the folders need to be named as follows:

mp3
voices
itn
schemes
text

Finally put the card in to the TomTom and switch it on, connect it to the computer and use Home to download/ install any of the non Text To Speech voices that you need, the ones that came with the device are free to download - Mike
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! This info may years old, but this helped bring back Kates voice. Than k you.

mikealder wrote:
Assuming you are using a memory card and a card reader plug it in to the computer and make sure you identify the drive letter associated with the card by viewing Windows Explorer, at this point copy your map folders from the backup to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

Next you need the latest Navcore software for the card, click Here to download the 8,351 version (currently the latest). Once this is saved to the PC use WinRar to extract the files and folders contained in the download to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

Next is a couple of Text To Speech voices, again download from the linked text and store the download on your computer. Use WinRar to extract the files/ folders to the "LoquendoTTS" folder which you will find on the drive letter associated with the SD card:

British Kate Voice
British Simon Voice

For the latest PostCode data click Here and extract the download to the drive letter associated with the SD card.

For the next step use Windows Explorer to create a series of new folders in the root of the SD card, the folders need to be named as follows:

mp3
voices
itn
schemes
text

Finally put the card in to the TomTom and switch it on, connect it to the computer and use Home to download/ install any of the non Text To Speech voices that you need, the ones that came with the device are free to download - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: