Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NAVIGON City View3D 2.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVIGON City View3D 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: NAVIGON City View3D 2.0 Reply with quote

Anyone had any success installing NAVIGON City View3D 2.0 on the Navigon 40 Premium ?

Purchased and installed from Fresh (Q3 Europe Maps, Q3 Europe NAVIGON City View3D 2.0) but does not display

If I go in to MyDevice from Fresh, shows its there (under Maps)

If I go in to the device properties from the device itself, cannot find it anywhere (in menu or properties tap)

Have does a system restore, remove, reinstall, etc.

Any ideas anyone?

And anyone who has installed NAVIGON City View3D 2.0 successfully on a 40 system?

Tried Navigon support several times - polite, tried, but no success
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually went through the full activation and download process with the code they gave you, and got a 'completed ok' message?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Navigon Reply with quote

No activation code as purchased from within Fresh with the 40 attached and logged-in

Downloaded (around 8 times now) to unit - always says transferred fine, and shows from within Fresh, but not from within actual unit

Since installed Road Sign Pro and FreshMaps all successfully - just not the 3D CityView

Have a 4350 and downloaded the older version of 3D CityView for that previously no problem at all and works fine

Anyone any idea what folder I should look out for on my 40 that would confirm it has been transferred?
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - just one more silly question Rolling Eyes xtraseller! City View3D display setting IS set to 'Yes' ??
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem ... There's no setting in the menu - like it's transferred but not activated on the unit
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
That's the problem ... There's no setting in the menu - like it's transferred but not activated on the unit

Xtraseller, have you tried any of the routes around London.
Not sure if you are getting confused / what you expect to see. City View 3D 2.0 is where it shows buildings such as Big Ben as they appear and some other buildings as blocks to represent them (such as skyscrapers).
If it's showing as installed I would imagine it's working.
It doesn't work for every city, only major ones so like I say try somewhere like London (one of the saved demo routes).
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: 3D CityView Reply with quote

JonandMarkUK I have the earlier version of City View on my 4350 and also 3D City Views on my Nuvi 765 so understand that only certain cities, and then limited areas show the 3D buildings, but its not anywhere - no london, not berlin, not cardiff - not anywhere where they appear on my 4350 or 765

And it's not showing in the menu either

So my guess is that they have an error in their Fresh installer which transfers it to the unit, but doesn't switch it on within the menu system

Appreciate everyones help on this, but think my Navigon will have to go back, which is a pitty, unless they can get it sorted today
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 3D CityView Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
JonandMarkUK I have the earlier version of City View on my 4350 and also 3D City Views on my Nuvi 765 so understand that only certain cities, and then limited areas show the 3D buildings, but its not anywhere - no london, not berlin, not cardiff - not anywhere where they appear on my 4350 or 765

And it's not showing in the menu either

So my guess is that they have an error in their Fresh installer which transfers it to the unit, but doesn't switch it on within the menu system

Appreciate everyones help on this, but think my Navigon will have to go back, which is a pitty, unless they can get it sorted today

I'm certain it will be a very simple fix of the device ini file. try sending and e-mail to facebook@navigon.com. Would be a shame to send something back for what I would think would take them a few seconds to fix.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

Have left a message on their Facebook, also just emailed them as you recommended

I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to fix, but just need the right person at customer support to help, rather than the ones I've had so far, who just read from a list, it seems

Thanks for the advice - will see what happens and let you know!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another thought xtraseller (probably about as useful as the others Confused ) - have you checked that there's enough memory for the City View upgrade? I've had the situation before where running out of space during the download wasn't handled properly and left me wondering why something didn't work when it seemed it had loaded ok.

(I see Navigon are as helpful on their Facebook as they are with direct suport ... Rolling Eyes )
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think this is compatable with the 40 series as its not mentioned on the specs only on the 70 series devices. this is one reason I went for the 70 series over the 40.

Just looked at the website and no mention of it in there functions...

- Traffic Live Traffic information in real time
- r.lobile Safety Camera Live Don’t give the cameras a chance
- Google Local Search Local Search with the world’s largest search engine
- Weather Live Shows you the current weather along your route and atthe destination
- Bluetooth Hands Free Kit 2.0 Connect your NAVIGON to your mobile phone
- 1-Click-Menu Immediate overview with one click
- Active Lane Assistant Always in the right lane
- NAVIGON MyBest P01 For a better overview — your top three POls in large scale
- Text-to-Speech Streets and exits are called by their own name
- FreshMaps: 80o discount Regularly updated maps — 80% cheaper
- TMC void traffic congestion and road works, drMng straight to your destination
- Tr,IC Routing Info An alternative route to match the traffic reports
- Spoken TMC Precise spoken announcements on traffic and congestion
- NAVIGON r,qyRoutes Recommends the route that suits you best
- Safety Camera 1,arnings for safety cameras
- Lane Assistant Pro Always in the right lane
- Speed Assistant Never drive too fast again
- Clever Parking Assistance when looking for a parking space
- Reality View Pro Keep the big picture in view
- NAVIGON Sightseeing Explore nearby sights.
- NAVIGON Sightseeing Tours Includes free excursion routes with detailed information on sights on the tour
- Pedestrian navigation Straight to your destination, even on foot
- NAVIGON Last Mile Navigate on foot to your destination
- Favourites on the map Save your favourite destinations
i Latest map Guarantee The latest maps guaranteed
- POI Click Points of interest are just a click away
- Coordinate entry Enter your destination as coordinates
- NAVIGON r,lyRepor-t Report on changes in traffic
- Real Road Sign Drive as the police allow
- Smart Speller Addresses that make sense
- 2D”3D view You choose the view: 2D or 3D mode
- Day and night modes Automatic adaption to light conditions
- NAVIGON Sync Transfer contact addresses from your PC to your NAVIGON
- PIN Protection Protect your NAVIGON!
- Emergency Help Quick help in emergencies
- Further functions

Sorry for the mistakes had to copy into Onenote to get in to here easily...
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: CityView 3D 2.0 Reply with quote

Well I DID get a reply at around 5pm yesterday via email saying they had escallated my problem and would get a reply instantly

Called them at 6pm today and still no help

I have even tried removing all maps except UK and adding UK only CityMaps but still nothing - had same idea... great minds and all that!!!

CityView 3D 2.0 isn't included with the 40 premium, but a £15 add on -
http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=19091&produktId=15861051

Wish I had gone for the 70 now - only bought the 40 as could pick it up at my local Halfords against ordering one (impatient and all that, one afternoon!)

Lady who I spoke with today was the same one who I made my initial enquiry with last week - very nice, but could not solve problem - promised an email back by 5pm tomorrow with either full unit refund offer or solution

Will wait and see...
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Still waiting Reply with quote

another telephone call as no email or phone call back as promised, and still no solution

neither will they say if this is the same for ALL Navigon 40 Premiums (ie. something they will work to resolve) or just mine (in which case we can just get it exchanged or refunded)
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Doesn't work Reply with quote

It's official, Navigon today sent me an email confirming in fact what I had suggested to them day one

3D CityView 2.0 does not currently work with the Navigon 40 Premium

That's any Navigon 40 Premium

And it is a "known error" so I will receive an email when the problem is solved

If its a known problem then perhaps they should let their support agency know so people like me don't waste time and money buying, attempting to fix and contacting customer support. Madness

At least now I can stop scratching my head...
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true xtraseller? Navigon's Facebook says it's been fixed already - what's got into them?! Rolling Eyes Razz

I had an answer too, about my query about a possible software fault with Proximity Sensor and Voice Control (see earlier post somewhere in the '70 Premium' thread, I think). A bit of Navigon lateral thinking - it's the MANUAL that's wrong!! Shocked Shocked

In case it's of any interest their reply was
Quote:
Proximity Sensor/Motion Sensor:

We are very sorry but this seems to be a mistake in our manual. We will correct this as soon as possible.

The voice recognition can only be activated by touching the device (better the metal frame) 0,5 - 1second. With the default settings this works only in the main menue. If you change VR settings from “answer“ to “complete”, this feature (VR via touch of device) will also work for all other VR commands.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: